Stihl fake chain

Mickeyluv

Here's a picture of the chain I got off  Ebay. It looks to be the older type as it hasn't got the dimples - though the one I thought I was getting had got them in the picture. It is stamped Stihl on every cutter. The fakers are moving in on everything and improving on some of the details that gave them away in the past, hence my suspicion.

Chain.jpg

2 hours ago, Peter 1955 said:

The scenario I was fearing. Ah well.  ? Good job it's a spare for the electric saw. On a positive note, the branded Oregon one I got cuts very well. I'll be glad when more places reopen, it's a real pain  relying on Ebay for bits. 

Hi if you got it on flea bay and isn't right go into purchased items and on right is options on item bought can report as fake or not as described and get cash back.

Friends have done many also other one gets loads of free gear as they say UK but not along with VAT fraud but it isn't only China doing fraud we had a shop&house/home selling fake power pro braid which is a shimano owned brand and they'd got loads in from china and loading spools they got all had same bar code! they was also doing fraudulent feedback between them!

So don't think safe as UK seller theres many Sh!tes out there ready to scam you.

I have one on there atmo watching as suspect fake as late chain but no dimples on lower teeth like they have now

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mickeyluv said:

Here's a picture of the chain I got off  Ebay. It looks to be the older type as it hasn't got the dimples - though the one I thought I was getting had got them in the picture. It is stamped Stihl on every cutter. The fakers are moving in on everything and improving on some of the details that gave them away in the past, hence my suspicion.

Chain.jpg

Any suspicions you have forward them to Stihl can find on Twitter i sent a load to them other week about fake bars and chains which entrapped themselves by there own admission quoting genuine in own description while in item box below pictures says usual chinese "Unbranded" Stihl AG was happy found said getting team onto them as had issues with failures on items from buyers already.

The more we do it the less of them can get away with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Hi if you got it on flea bay and isn't right go into purchased items and on right is options on item bought can report as fake or not as described and get cash back.

Friends have done many also other one gets loads of free gear as they say UK but not along with VAT fraud but it isn't only China doing fraud we had a shop&house/home selling fake power pro braid which is a shimano owned brand and they'd got loads in from china and loading spools they got all had same bar code! they was also doing fraudulent feedback between them!

So don't think safe as UK seller theres many Sh!tes out there ready to scam you.

I have one on there atmo watching as suspect fake as late chain but no dimples on lower teeth like they have now

You can report it to Ebay or, alternatively you can piss at the moon . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

I have reported fake saws for years and they did nothing so gave up in the end .

The one we had been at selling fake braid got shut down sort of got hit from a few sides aah Think Customs/VAT finished them off

Ebay got done 6million while back on vat and other things

Edited by AngrySquirrel