Sole trader to Ltd

Doug Blease

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you claim vat back from before the date of first registration do you not also have to charge vat to customers during that same period?:confused1:That is one of the things what has dissuaded me from it.

I dont think so we went vat more than ten years ago and seem to remember you can claim for previous large purchases cos you bought them for future use . A good incentive to do it but make sure its good for u . If you do domestic tree work it could be bad news. If you buy new kit and mostly vat reg companies and a bit of firewood you could be onto a winner.

I can't imagine your accountant wanting to do your ltd co accs for the same price as sole trader as there is more work and deadlines involved but maybe they need the work or are doing it as a goodwill gesture for a period of time.

My wife works in accounts and they charge a minimum of £750 for ltd co accs

I use a chartered accountant who charges £400-450 to do year end accounts preparation, submission to the revenue and to do my personal tax return. I get advice through the year from him if needed. I do quarterly VAT returns using the flat rate scheme which is easy. I do quarterly PAYE returns which again are straight forward. It takes me a couple of hours each quarter to do the returns.

I guess what you get charged depends on the quality of the info you give youre accontant. If you give it all to him electronically and complete all he has to do is move some figures arround on his computer then he aint gonna charge much. If you give him a carrier bag full of receipts and invoices with bits missing then the skys the limit for what you get charged.