Husky 560xp bar oiling issues ?

medroberts

I still think this is an issue with the bar, bit of engineers blue on the bar pad, carfully offer the bar up and press firmlly against the pad, remove and see where the oil channel is in relation to the bar oil hole.

Early style clutch and pump, but they both look ok.

Did you get the shop manual i sent sir?

• Like 1

How much wear on the rim sprocket and chain? Can see a fair bit of wear on it.

As seem to remember think was on Chainsaw bars you tube and Robs says about badly worn rim sprockets causing burning with chain running wrong on bar?

how healthy is the inside of plastic pump drive as i take it it fits over end of rim drive so is it picking up on there ok?

Edited by AngrySquirrel

Guys, just been studying this again. I have overlayed the bar pad onto both bars as I can see a witness mark showing the position that the bars are clamped in. What are your thoughts ? Do you think that wear on the rim sprocket is the cause ? I answer to angry squirrel, the plastic pump drive is showing NO signs of wear both were the drive is taken from on the rim drive and no wear on the worm drive remarkably. I don’t know we’re to look next if I am honest?

Any further help/ ideas appreciated. Thanks, Med

09217D4E-95CA-4CD4-AAF2-B95F1C7730B0.jpeg

83B190A3-F6CD-4211-B604-353883374C9D.jpeg

24A592AE-874C-4E1D-9543-82A9CF738BF9.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, medroberts said:

Guys, just been studying this again. I have overlayed the bar pad onto both bars as I can see a witness mark showing the position that the bars are clamped in. What are your thoughts ? Do you think that wear on the rim sprocket is the cause ? I answer to angry squirrel, the plastic pump drive is showing NO signs of wear both were the drive is taken from on the rim drive and no wear on the worm drive remarkably. I don’t know we’re to look next if I am honest?

Any further help/ ideas appreciated. Thanks, Med

09217D4E-95CA-4CD4-AAF2-B95F1C7730B0.jpeg

83B190A3-F6CD-4211-B604-353883374C9D.jpeg

24A592AE-874C-4E1D-9543-82A9CF738BF9.jpeg

Going back to my post ( 2nd post in ) have you put the 18" bar back on and checked to see if its oiling ok ? (Hold it close to a cut face and rev it should see a line of oil ) If it is then its the new / wrong / faulty / blocked or what ever bar .

Stubby, Put the saw back together and fitted the old husky 18" bar. Ran it against a cut log but very little oil  pattern on the log face. But a lot of oil around were the bar clamps to the saw. I am now thinking that the seal of the rubber hose to bar is not sealing properly :confused1: As when I run my finger across this area , there seems part of the rubber feed pipe seal that is flush and not proud possibly causing the oil not to be sent down the bar rail ? I am going to order a replacement oil pipe assembly and also a new sprocket, will update when fitted . Many thanks, Med 

• Like 1

Guys , Just to update. Sthil (:lol:) not getting any were with my sugihara bar oiling issue. This is despite fitting a new rim sprocket and oil feed/delivery pipe. Tried it again today and bar went hot and chain very slack:wtf: When I refit the old Husqvarna 18" bar , I do not have the same issue.  My 395xp fitted with the sugi 28" bar , I have had no issues , despite making some heavy cuts. In fact its like new.  I am afraid if approach Rob @ chainsawbars, he is going to blame lack of oil ! even though I had only purchased it last week with new chain. Don't know what I can do next, as I cannot see why the bar should not be getting enough oil. Please help....................Med

3B030F3C-5595-42A6-901C-969A58512113.jpeg

10 minutes ago, medroberts said:

Guys , Just to update. Sthil (:lol:) not getting any were with my sugihara bar oiling issue. This is despite fitting a new rim sprocket and oil feed/delivery pipe. Tried it again today and bar went hot and chain very slack:wtf: When I refit the old Husqvarna 18" bar , I do not have the same issue.  My 395xp fitted with the sugi 28" bar , I have had no issues , despite making some heavy cuts. In fact its like new.  I am afraid if approach Rob @ chainsawbars, he is going to blame lack of oil ! even though I had only purchased it last week with new chain. Don't know what I can do next, as I cannot see why the bar should not be getting enough oil. Please help....................Med

3B030F3C-5595-42A6-901C-969A58512113.jpeg

Speak to Rob . Tell him everything . What have you got to loose ?

Thanks Stubby, Will have to contact him and hope he sees my side of the story. The only other observation is that the oiling hole in the sugi bar looks smaller than in the husky bar( see previous pics) even though its location looks to be good. Will let you know how I get on

Thanks , Med

24 minutes ago, medroberts said:

Thanks Stubby, Will have to contact him and hope he sees my side of the story. The only other observation is that the oiling hole in the sugi bar looks smaller than in the husky bar( see previous pics) even though its location looks to be good. Will let you know how I get on

Thanks , Med

For what its worth I have Sugi bars on all my saws , from Rob , including on the 560 and never a problem . Makes me wonder if its a faulty bar or the wrong one for the saw . Who knows .