Helmet comms

billpierce

I know i know its been covered but looking into getting a pair of these. I see there are lots available since the discussions on senas etc.

Husqvarna, peltor and stihl seem to offer relatively cheap in ear all in one units.

How have people got on with the wires on sena like ones? Badly snagged?

Cheap motor bike kits holding up ok?

Thanks

Are they more for linking your phone for hands free ? I’m not sure you could pair them to another one or two sets unless they where all linked to phones and using Bluetooth , would or could it cane the phone battery very quickly? you would then have the risk of damaging your phone or maybe I’m not understanding how it works ? Possibly also it could be a pita to connect them all up.
To be honest Bill I’ve no idea how these work or there Intended use but just ended up with sennas as they are just quality and easy to connect and use.. only issues I’ve had has been the quick release dropping units in to an abyss of brambles and nettles ! Have taped the release pin up now though!

Nah, not for answering my phone, just for talking to ground crew.

Ideally prefer all in one unit as can imagine ripping wires etc.

Matty did your cheap ones not last well?and which model senas did you get. Seems to be a range and some comments about some mics being less goid at noise cancelling 

4 hours ago, billpierce said:

I know i know its been covered but looking into getting a pair of these. I see there are lots available since the discussions on senas etc.

Husqvarna, peltor and stihl seem to offer relatively cheap in ear all in one units.

How have people got on with the wires on sena like ones? Badly snagged?

Cheap motor bike kits holding up ok?

Thanks

I’m happy with mine.
I bought them after reading a recommendation from MattyF
There are different microphone choices.

The charging port  might slacking off over time. ( hasn’t with mine).

They are Worth having.

EF909A03-2BBC-40C8-92B6-0B5144B830CC.jpeg

26834DE2-64AD-418F-AB0C-2747C0678052.jpeg

39AAB0CE-F9DF-4BEF-B428-7E2752641004.jpeg

B61DE52C-E27E-4FBA-B505-AAFD22566369.png

• Like 1

I’m happy with mine.
I bought them after reading a recommendation from MattyF
There are different microphone choices.
The charging port  might slacking off over time. ( hasn’t with mine).
They are Worth having.

EF909A03-2BBC-40C8-92B6-0B5144B830CC.thumb.jpeg.70e87e25603fcf85094a25c7f987cb17.jpeg
26834DE2-64AD-418F-AB0C-2747C0678052.thumb.jpeg.7407bac9144acd3cd20a01a7dbae9f3e.jpeg
39AAB0CE-F9DF-4BEF-B428-7E2752641004.thumb.jpeg.000a3017901630eb91616fceb538f3bf.jpeg
B61DE52C-E27E-4FBA-B505-AAFD22566369.thumb.png.cb470756cdaff1ffe2a1500d64734363.png
Thanks darren, how long have you had them. Are they defs waterproof?

I broke one of them after getting swiped in a big Corsican and the replacement would not pair with it so gave up on them... , the others after a few years would not hold charge for long , they where good, but I could not find the originals to match the ones I had I brought, and really didn’t like the new style with no screen it made pairing impossible so tried the upgrade as they definitely make some jobs less stressful.

yeah the sennas do not cancel out much noise in comparison and that can get painful if your on the receiving end of a saw for hours.. using s10’s they are easy to pair and keep a good charge though.

About 6 months. The intercom  unit is tucked underneath my helmet a bit , can’t comment on its water proofing abilities.
But the microphone sponge was soaking for two hours in heavy rain and nothing happened.
And do these require a phone or do they work independantly?

Another thumbs up for the Sena comes from me. Gray Git introduced me too them, and I have a cradle set on my peltor ear defenders and one in my Husky helmet. I just chop and change the actual unit between the two depending on what I’m doing (ear defenders for machine work, helmet for cutting)

ive never had any problems with snagging wires etc whilst doing thinning work, but can’t comment in what they are like whilst you’re climbing as I don’t do any. As Matty said dropping the unit is annoying, but the blue flashy light can help locate them!

The cheapest place to get them from is a website called Sportsbikeshop.co.uk.

For me these were an absolute game changer. Makes working unmeasurably safer, and rigging etc so much easier. Plus you can also talk whilst chipper and saws are flying. Plus the climber can give his order for brews easier. Plus you can all perv on nice ladies together. Winner! 

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1