MS440 Crank Bearings and seal

PhillH

Hi all,

I am rebuilding a MS440 and struggling to get OEM or decent crank bearings and seals.

Ignition side is a non sealed 6202 but clutch side is a 6202 with a wider outer race to allow the seal to be fitted into the bearing housing.

Part number I believe are:

9503 003 0346 - Ignition site bearing

9640 003 1320 - Ignition side seal

9523 003 4275  - Clutch side bearing

9640 003 1972 - Clutch side seal

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good stockist or has anyone cross referenced them against a SKF or NTN?

Thank you in advance.

Phill.

11 minutes ago, PhillH said:

Hi Chris,
I looked online but they are out of stock unfortunately.

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Oil seal 13x19x4 Genuine Stihl Part OEM Part No. 9640 003 1320 Suitable for the following Stihl Machines: 009, 044...

• Like 1

If you want to pay over the odds on some part that are generic and if you pocket ok with that.?. But when I rebuilt my 044 a few months back I looky-around and was  Surprised at the price difference for the same bearing.

you will find one side of the crank is only used by stihl  and or where ever sells that type and the other-side  any bearing seller sell it. 

let me find the ones I brought 

flywheel side 6202 see pics £2.60 inc post. You could look around but you need the C3 grade....

l&s price  £9.10 (not sure if that in ex vat or not) plus postage but you'd be buying other stuff (I know I showed a 461 price but it’s the same thing)

but you have to buy the clutch side from somewhere like l&s and as you will be buying other stuff it may as well be from the same place   And L&s price £10.20 ( I did look at the 461 but it’s the same bearing afaik with out looking it up)

0E7003DE-8759-43EF-B65F-C753081C1F4E.png

9549785A-D24E-4FE1-AB7B-25FB5F777BAB.png

Edited by Wonky
  • Like 2

WWW.DIYSPAREPARTS.COM

96400031320_1.jpg WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK
Oil seal 13x19x4 Genuine Stihl Part OEM Part No. 9640 003 1320 Suitable for the following Stihl Machines: 009, 044...  

WWW.DIYSPAREPARTS.COM

WWW.DIYSPAREPARTS.COM

Thank you for this, appreciate your time and effort.
  • Like 1

If you want to pay over the odds on some part that are generic and if you pocket ok with that.?. But when I rebuilt my 044 a few months back I looky-around and was  Surprised at the price difference for the same bearing.

you will find one side of the crank is only used by stihl  and or where ever sells that type and the other-side  any bearing seller sell it. 

let me find the ones I brought 

flywheel side 6202 see pics £2.60 inc post. You could look around but you need the C3 grade....

l&s price  £9.10 (not sure if that in ex vat or not) plus postage but you'd be buying other stuff (I know I showed a 461 price but it’s the same thing)

but you have to buy the clutch side from somewhere like l&s and as you will be buying other stuff it may as well be from the same place   And L&s price £10.20 ( I did look at the 461 but it’s the same bearing afaik with out looking it up)
0E7003DE-8759-43EF-B65F-C753081C1F4E.thumb.png.fa1f3b98a96e5a5b325b78f6954f2f5c.png
9549785A-D24E-4FE1-AB7B-25FB5F777BAB.thumb.png.1e326d8fada067b404b601197fdc51ed.png

Thanks for this, I appreciate your time and effort

DIYSpares are having a bit of trouble getting parts I think, ordered a tank breather a couple of weeks ago and it still isn’t here, tried contacting them and just got a generic email in reply.
Ordered the same part from L&S out of stock, came 3 days later, and no word from DIYSpares. If your in a bind, I’d email/message L&S and they’ll give you a lead time.
They’ve helped me out loads during my 261 build, and I’m happy getting OEM quality for a little extra and P&P, just make a list, postage is reasonable in my opinion, DIYSpares charge a flat £4 odd, and I’m unsure if it increases for larger items.

• Like 2

DIYSpares are having a bit of trouble getting parts I think, ordered a tank breather a couple of weeks ago and it still isn’t here, tried contacting them and just got a generic email in reply.
Ordered the same part from L&S out of stock, came 3 days later, and no word from DIYSpares. If your in a bind, I’d email/message L&S and they’ll give you a lead time.
They’ve helped me out loads during my 261 build, and I’m happy getting OEM quality for a little extra and P&P, just make a list, postage is reasonable in my opinion, DIYSpares charge a flat £4 odd, and I’m unsure if it increases for larger items.

Thank you, I called DIYspares to check stock before I ordered and they did tell me they was not getting parts through. Seems like L&S is the way forward. Thanks again
  • Like 2