stihl 044 changing to HD2 air filter parts

AngrySquirrel

1 hour ago, Wonky said:

Umm Duval.. I’ve sunk a few before very good stuff???? I like a bit of Belgium’s beers 

Oh..and...those dawgs,,, if they are China land metal, your gonna need to case harden them,  or as I did cherry red umm....and sinkum in dirty ol engine oil...watchum smokin on the water (deep purple)?, then clean them and blue um...etc.. you know what I mean..????

otherwise,,they be like bananas after the first few uses ? .. that’s why mine were black n red.. I painted them not to last but to cover up the  colour from the heatins

as for the tank fuel breather...there was a update for a 200t I got for my 200t, and before I fitted it , I thought would work on the 44 butt,,, ? it didn’t..I even looked a bit into the 660 parts ?,,, I think they just forgot about the 044. so I’m all ears on which update mod fits the bad design

btw that rubber mushyroom thing, I think it’s known as a ducks bill in some saws, because it looks like it and vents one way and not liquids the other way. although it’s an older designed like  that in the 44,   

let me know , it’s easy if someone else does it 1st ?

Those Dawgs are Original ones from Stihl! got from L&S along with chain roller also have on way that deeper cover with longer flap at back(On diagram you posted) How does inside of clutch area look?

I might give that vent a go i have an idea/plan!

53 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

if they are China land metal, your gonna need to case harden them,  or as I did cherry red umm....

If they are not high carbon steel you are wasting time and fuel heat treating the metal and they need tempering after or they will be brittle. Case hardening is only a surface treatment.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, peatff said:

If they are not high carbon steel you are wasting time and fuel heat treating the metal and they need tempering after or they will be brittle. Case hardening is only a surface treatment.

Ones i got are Stihl ones better be as says it on them and L&S listed them as such!

If get a plasma cutter would make some

notice there out of stock now.

Edited by AngrySquirrel

You fitted them correct..

this is my 660 fitted. I think if you measured your  bolts , they be longer than they should be, bet  they sent wrong length as the ipl states 

and just for good measure I will also add my 44 pic

48B0D251-2F51-4564-B665-21EF357F7A3F.jpeg

23BF2202-B7BF-4521-BA75-39135069F305.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wonky said:

You fitted them correct..

this is my 660 fitted. I think if you measured your  bolts , they be longer than they should be, bet  they sent wrong length as the ipl states 

and just for good measure I will also add my 44 pic

48B0D251-2F51-4564-B665-21EF357F7A3F.jpeg

23BF2202-B7BF-4521-BA75-39135069F305.jpeg

Hi it did make me wonder know have round right way as chain buffers are on inside over holes and did check on diagrams when ordering plus found some have spacers others don't so these are probably for when using the rescue bar cutter which has another bit on there also? so yes two lengths it looks like but not showing them?

But soon chop them down a bit with some method Fein multi tool cuts them neatly!

Or could get some nice Stainless steel ones right length even.

Was looking at that cover on Flea bay £50 from oz/usa!

I see you have left chain catcher on yours i thought the other bit roller gadget replaced it as says chain catcher on packet from Stihl