Mc Cullogh Alpina 0-70S

POLISH PROBLEM

9 hours ago, spudulike said:

I know that, I refurbed my points on my 1-40 and timed it and think the flywheel was marked but it was a long time ago but I have had the bugger running and the whole village knew about it. As you say, pulling the flywheel isn't an easy job without the correct tools so a Nova unit or similar may be the way forward.

Never got my 595 going, it fires but has a stupid amount of compression and weighs a ton, 15 pulls and you are through. Perhaps now is the time to get it going! 100cc of vintage muscle!

if ya do start it and pish the neighbours off then please capture it on video!    It'll remind me of the time @wisecobandit fired up an 090 outside Radmore & Tucker when they were located in the middle of town, he was making a right ole racket and my ears were quivering as the noise and shock waves assaulted them.  The staff were not amused...

• Like 1

Not trying to be funny, but is there really such a thing as McCulloch Alpina?
There is McCulloch, then there is Alpina. D

ifferent manufacturers.
And what is so difficult about the word McCulloch that it need to be made even more difficult by putting a G in it?

45 minutes ago, GardenKit said:

Not trying to be funny, but is there really such a thing as McCulloch Alpina?
There is McCulloch, then there is Alpina. D

ifferent manufacturers.
And what is so difficult about the word McCulloch that it need to be made even more difficult by putting a G in it?

Don't you start;) Just looked it up, looks like a McCulloch+g but is an Alpina model - http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/048ab6fd9706ab6f88256b4e004f067d?OpenDocument

Some had breakers, the rest electronic ignition.

Funny how the OP has pissed off in to the distance and we are still banging on about it.

BTW...the McCulloch is quiet compared to the 066 with the expansion on it....now that is LOUD!

• Like 1