Charlieh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey tommy:wavey:

hows tricks?

Your still alive!!!!!

Tricks is great only just found this site!

Thought for a while only me and Dibbs had modded saws in the UK!

I put the bar adaptor to good use and have a Stihl bar on the Makita 7900.

You seen Ginks modded Dolmar 7900 vid!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QCuWXHFLaI&feature=channel]YouTube - ported 7900 001.MPG[/ame]

43% faster than stock!

thats a damn quick saw... yours are looking very tidy as well:thumbup1:

sold my 7900, replaced with a 288xp, decided i prefer the old-school charm in bigger saws... and have recently aquired a 257 (which will likely become a 262xp before too long:001_smile:)

no ported saws as of yet

good to see you on here

I cant belive you sold the 7900!

Running a 25" on mine its an awsome saw.

You milling?

Got some loops of square just have to get some files and practice making them sharp.

the 7900 was always a bit too 'blue' for me.... never felt right (might get a proper orange one one-day) where-as i fell in love with the character of the 288 straight away...if that doesnt sound too gay:001_rolleyes:

done a bit of milling, need to have a go knocking up some benches for a client, but have been mad busy recently, need to make more time for it.

you keeping busy? doing much cutting this year?

Ha Ha Ha .I have to tell a little story on Wojo . Old Scott shows up at one of our get togethers and they let him run a piped hotsaw,3120 Huskey or 084 Stihl,I forget which .

Old Scott throttled that thing up and made the cut then jumped back like he had seen a ghost . A single cut on a 10 by 10 only takes about a second or so and he had never had that much power in his hot little hands in his life .

We of course teased him about a little ,all in good fun .:001_smile:

Hello Folks. I am the muffler guy. Nice site. The Video below is not one of my saws. But it is me using it. The owner is actually the guy who named my mufflers early on, "Cut4fun"

Hey Scott no vids of the one Al mentioned here:001_smile: