Angry Buyer!!!

Omniata

Paid for a MS460W before January 1st...

Got an email today when the company I bought it from ordered it and they said "Stihl have said it's discontinued as of 2010"...

I've responded saying nothing was on "their" website nor "Stihl's" saying so so the order has to be honoured...

I know some of you will call me a sissy for asking for a heater but I get really bad cramp with arthritis in the winter, I can work through it but a heater means I can power on all day long without having to "warm up"...

Should I force the issue with Stihl, the supplier and the "office of unfair trading" or should I try and grin and bear it???

There was nothing on the Stihl website and if this wasn't available in 2010 the comapny by rights shouldn't have sold it...

They've offered me a 440W which doesn't meat the level I wanted or a 660W at increased cost which is too heavy for me at the minute, also it can't manage a 15" bar for the course I'm doing...

Thought I had it "game set and match" but then got hit with this...

I'll take the standard 460 but only if they'll kick themselves in the knackers and knock a load off for it being "ex stock" and give me extra freebees...

What do you think???

If your running a 15" bar, the 440 would be fine, I have an 18" on mine and its great!!!

So long as they are offering an alternative or your cash back, the OFT ain't gonna be interested.

It is annoying thou when you get messed about.

Edited by skyhuck

I wanted the 460 for the power though, and that Stihl guaranteed it with TCT chains...

Edit: I've spoken to another dealer ;) and they're looking into it...

I've contacted the folkes I know at Stihl too, when they get up in the morning heads will be rolling...

I used to provide technical help to some of them so favours are owed!!!

Edited by Omniata

Anything, I occasionally get asked to do "building cutting" so it's nice to be able to hop a bridged TCT chain on and cut concrete, whilst a friend soaks me and the saw with a hose haha...

why do u want TCT chain....they are really for use in frozen and dirty timber......u have to send them away to get sharpened???? and they are dearer

Edit: I own a few sets as I used to work in the industry ;)