Lockjack ropes?

Ian Flatters

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't use Elderid power static it has a thin outer mantle and most if not all of the strength is in the core, its also not very supple. Use a dedicated semi-static climbing rope with a thicker out core better suited to abrasion (I'm no expert though so i may be wrong this is just my limited understanding) and also load bearing along with the core.

Most climbing ropes will work with a Lockjack, but i've heard Yale XTC works particularly well as does Samson Arbormaster, or for thinner rope try New England Tachyon.

I don't use a Lockjack myself though prefer a Hitchclimber and knot for better control, the LJ is a good tool though and i'm sure someone will will give other suggestions.

to be honest i haver been using marlow chamelion and salamander with my lock jack as it is what i already had, before getting a specific rope for a lock jack i would try using a lock jack and friction saver first , it can take quite a bit of getting used to and now everyone gets on with it , as for info on the spider jack have a search through other threads , swb already ahs a thread - good by vt hello spiderjack ,

to be honest i haver been using marlow chamelion and salamander with my lock jack as it is what i already had, before getting a specific rope for a lock jack i would try using a lock jack and friction saver first , it can take quite a bit of getting used to and now everyone gets on with it , as for info on the spider jack have a search through other threads , swb already ahs a thread - good by vt hello spiderjack ,

Sounds like good advice from someone who knows about the tool:thumbup1:

I gave up on it when I nearly stacked out of the tree. Poxy little toggle!:thumbdown::lol:

Sounds like good advice from someone who knows about the tool:thumbup1:

I gave up on it when I nearly stacked out of the tree. Poxy little toggle!:thumbdown::lol:

lol i have come out of trees at speed because of the same thing , i have also got my saw strop cought round the toggle and dropped my saw down (that can wake you up for sure lol) but all in all once you get used to using the lock jack and find your own methods that suit you then it really can be a great bit of kit :thumbup:

The best rope ive used the lockjack on is the new england tachyon. A very firm rope with very little stretch. If the rope needs milking though then the cam on the lockjack will bunch the outer sheath up and make the lockjack a bit jumpy!

The elderid x-perience rope works well to as do the yale XTC. Personally though id go for the tachyon IMO.

As has been said earlier be careful which krabs you use!!