Buffalo jacket

Lancstree

i only wear a helly hansen lifa+ base layer under it so it wicks moisture away really well, i wore mine in finland last year with just my base layer and a thin lowe alpine fleece under it and that was -38 most the time, i was comfortably warm!

-38 ideal temp for a buffalo.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my buffalo goes caving with me and thats it now i take my rab vapor rise snowboarding and skiing and work in merino heavy thermals which are the dogs ....... and a work issue sweatshirt and a hi flx jacket

not showing off but i have some buffalo salopetes which are superb and you can have a poo in them zip goes all the way round

I used to wear a buffalo for my outdoor activity work and winter climbing (ice/snow, not trees) and they are good at keeping you warm, if damp. After 10 years it was going strong but the pertex outer was starting to break down, so couldn't wear it in front of clients. I couldn't wear one climbing trees, just too warm. If they're for you try looking at the Montane kit, same idea as Buffalo but IMHO better cut / features.

http://www.montane.co.uk/

:wave:

I love my buffalo, had it over 10 years now, no good for tree work to hot.. I brought the salopettes but ebayed them as it's never cold enough in the UK. I've also got the pants! (a gift).

I've got a light pertex shell which I stick on over my HH and it's great for when its cold and windy, packs down to about the size of a tennis ball.

I've got a light pertex shell which I stick on over my HH and it's great for when its cold and windy, packs down to about the size of a tennis ball.

I bought a pertex shell in a sale at go outdoors, only cost me 15 quid, I thought instead of buying £60 Rab smocks for work, I could wear this over a fleece its much the same thing.

The pertex fabric is lighter though and not as durable I reckon.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a White Rock jacket from my local camping / Hiking store £60.

Its made of a stretchy material which is fleeced on the inside, still quite thin though.

Supposed to be waterproof, breathable and wind proof. Going to wear it tommorrow on a big ash take down, with T shirt underneath.

It looks the part and feels the part, same colour as my grey stretch airs. Will let you know how it is tomoz.

http://www.whiterockoutdoor.co.uk/gear.php?sec=0

• 4 months later...

Anybody know where I can buy a Montane Extreme Smock. Tried one on in Manchester but didn't buy at the time and besides they are cheaper to buy online. However they seem to be out of stock in most shops. Want one for those cold winter days to sling on when you get down from the tree.