V.T.A images

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Not having a go Hama.

I for one am probably one of the most laid back Arbs you'll meet (I think)

Nearly all the Arbs I have met have not had egos, far from it.

The ones I have met have had passion, passion for either trees or earning an honest living or both.

But none of them have had a "look at me I'm a tree surgeon" ego .

I have met one or two that I can honestly say have trouble fitting their helmets on their big heads, but they turn out to be plonkers that are crap at the job anyway, they have come into it for the wrong reasons

i knew you was only being funny dean, I was too, sarcy sod!

i guess ego is the wrong word, your description is far better! lets just say ive never met an arb thast lacked character, is that better?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
the only certainty in life is death and taxes!

I can understand why you get upset at "certainty" but I am rarely stupid enough to proclaim certainty when I have a slight doubt, you should give more faith in an individuals self confidance, it isnt always unfounded!

I am not fully versed on the p.v.b case seems it was little unfair if that was the case, though in all fairness I would have kicked aside brambles to see the base of a large tree, but thats me.

When i passed my VTA training I asked about this "level 2 " rubbish and I was told that it is not "recognised" and thereofre of little use, and to go do the three day lantra instead! I am still paying for the beg borrow and stealing i done for the VTA workshop, and it will be some time before i get on the Lantra one.

It is not so much ego with me as utter and total fustration of being in an industry that does not recognise my ability until I have passed a "recognised" cert, who the hell decides that I am "not qualified"

Whilst I can not walk around an arboretum and reel off latin for the exotics, or take a soil sample into a lab and give a chemical structural textural report (yet) I have never had an interest in that, nor intend that to be the basis of my career, does knowledge of latin for some obscure tree or my ability to describe plant cells determine my "skill level"

I cant make money as an assesor, as i will not be recognised, so i will continue to struggle along on peanuts bending over backwards to pay the fees the courses etc until someone finaly says tone, your there now mate we know you know, now go do it!

I am fustrated, and have a lot of aggression in me, caused by the fight for my right to do consulting work, i am a nobody it would seem, but you bet your bottom dollar that isnt Always going to be so, this kiddo, is a grafter, if it takes me ten years from now, i will make it, and when i do, i will no longer take the crap from anyone, for I will have earnt the right to say I do know!

If you're self emloyed, it's not arbs you need to impress, it's the clients.

So why are you so angry with us arbs? - it's not our fault.

:confused1: