Crazy...

Rough Hewn

10 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'm not a fan of Greater Manchester at all. 

I know where you're coming from. Recently I'm getting to meet a lot of folk of all ages, nationalities and faiths, thankfully most of those I meet are the nicest that you could interact with. 

I still have some belief that most people are basically good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, difflock said:

Hang a few, and send the rest back to wherever their families emigrated from.

No need for harsh prison sentences.

But who do you ultimately blame? The culprits or the system that has pretty much said that they're above the law? I'm all for equality but there's something wrong when for fear of being seen as racist the playing field becomes distinctly sloping 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I still have some belief that most people are basically good.

Only some and how do you define basically good?

Looking from the outside it seems there has been little attempt to assimilate "britishness" and the youths involved see themselves as colonising a territory and needing to displace the natives to do so, cowboys and indians.

• Like 3

Britishness? The 'cricket test' surely :lol:

"colonising a territory " - well for a lot of nationalities it would only be a case of getting their own back on the 'Empire' :D

My point of view is that, like pet dogs and small children, some will push the boundaries of what you can get away with without consequences. And, some of got away with a hell of a lot, so it'll continue. It'll be really difficult to about face and kerb the 'freedoms' that they're used. I know it's a simplistic point of view. Without fear of punishment there is no law an order. And for some there hasn't been consequences for many years, things are ignored or simply brushed aside because authority is reluctant to act. 

I define basically good as treating others with respect, regardless of faith, colour, background etc. Treat others how you'd wish to be treated. Help others when you can. Basic morals and ethics.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Britishness? The 'cricket test' surely :lol:

"colonising a territory " - well for a lot of nationalities it would only be a case of getting their own back on the 'Empire' :D

My point of view is that, like pet dogs and small children, some will push the boundaries of what you can get away with without consequences. And, some of got away with a hell of a lot, so it'll continue. It'll be really difficult to about face and kerb the 'freedoms' that they're used. I know it's a simplistic point of view. Without fear of punishment there is no law an order. And for some there hasn't been consequences for many years, things are ignored or simply brushed aside because authority is reluctant to act. 

I define basically good as treating others with respect, regardless of faith, colour, background etc. Treat others how you'd wish to be treated. Help others when you can. Basic morals and ethics.

I actually agree with ALL your points

• Thanks 1