ISA certified and or European Treeworker

josharb87

ISA cert shows you are competent at undestanding tree related stuff, you can study at home so no set time limit, you have to buy the study guide from ISA, discount if your a member. I bought the book and realised that Cert Arb run by RFS ( royal forestry society) was just as good, which I have. To remain ISA Qualified, every 3 yrs you have to accrue points (CDP) to show you are keeping up with standards, modern practices, etc...... which is good. Worth checking out. Not sure about Euro Cert though. Do you have any qualifications already?

Josh, but there was talk a while back about cross accreditation...... i.e, if you have one, you are auto accredited with the other.

I think it was to do with the similarities between the course content and learning outcomes, to the point that both were nigh on identical.

Not sure if it's still applicable, as there was a lot of political hoo haa between the two organisations, but if you're serious about doing one or t'other, I'd definitely ask questions and find out if you can amalgamate.

Does the RFS Cert Arb require recertification like the ISA?

No.

i am isa cert arb i like it and it kinda forces me to keep in the loop knowledge wise as i have to gain my ceu every 3 year. you also get to call yourself a Certified Arborist, this impresses some clients and gets you the job and some it dont.:001_smile:

I am almost finished a degree and I am unsure as to whether to complete the Honours degree year. Or graduate with a BSc and perhaps do a cert arb course on top.

I would love to keep working for myself, expanding on my tree work. But maybe I should do the honours degree and look for a job.....

I have left trees before for employment, but you end up craving it.

ISA cert shows you are competent at undestanding tree related stuff, you can study at home so no set time limit, you have to buy the study guide from ISA, discount if your a member. I bought the book and realised that Cert Arb run by RFS ( royal forestry society) was just as good, which I have. To remain ISA Qualified, every 3 yrs you have to accrue points (CDP) to show you are keeping up with standards, modern practices, etc...... which is good. Worth checking out. Not sure about Euro Cert though. Do you have any qualifications already?

thanks, only nptc, no decent arb qualifications! is this the one where shows count towards credits?

Josh, but there was talk a while back about cross accreditation...... i.e, if you have one, you are auto accredited with the other.

I think it was to do with the similarities between the course content and learning outcomes, to the point that both were nigh on identical.

Not sure if it's still applicable, as there was a lot of political hoo haa between the two organisations, but if you're serious about doing one or t'other, I'd definitely ask questions and find out if you can amalgamate.

thanks andy,

cross acreditation between ISA cert arb and Euro treeworker?

if i can amalgamate what with what?

if you have isa cert arb and isa cert tree worker you can get the EAC euro tree worker or vice verca for a small fee.

whats the diffrence between ISA cert arb and ISA cert tree worker? whats the EAC?

No probs.

May I suggest you check out the ISA website, also the AA (Arboricultural Association) site has a training and education section/link that shows what level each qualification is from the different organisations. The RFS cert Arb is good. The difference between tree worker and arborist is knowledge, anyone can cut a branch off a tree but understanding (or wanting to understand) the effects it may have on the species takes you to another level, and so it goes......

So many tree workers out there do not understand what or why they are doing such a task, which is no bad thing, the skills pay the bills, but a little knowledge can be enlightening as to what you do day in day out as a job/livelihood.

Enlighten yourself!:biggrin:

Not sure what you mean about the "shows" counting toward qualification. Oh hang on, you can attend lectures and site visits that count toward your CEU's once qualified, even reading cetain articles can count.