Pollards, the forgotten art-discussion

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

quote skyhuck last year ”Its this kind of patronising extremist that puts people off”.

That was referring to me in ‘Glyphosate and Trees’ last xmas – 31,12,08 - Post 57

If that’s not personal, I don’t know what is.

:blushing:

In my defense, I did not say YOU were patronising, it was the view you expressed that I took issue with, a subtle difference, but an important one I think.

When I come on here I try to just react to what I read, not who wrote it.

I'm genuinely sorry if I caused offense :001_smile:

:blushing:

In my defense, I did not say YOU were patronising, it was the view you expressed that I took issue with, a subtle difference, but an important one I think.

When I come on here I try to just react to what I read, not who wrote it.

I'm genuinely sorry if I caused offense :001_smile:

No Worries mate, I'm over it.

I'm afraid I quoted you just then because, it all clicked in my head, about the more general points I wanted to make about all this forum business. I thought it might be helpful to people who are a bit worried about dipping their toe in the water. You are not the villain of the piece . You do need the skin of a rhino sometimes though aye!!!

thats life though mate, its only words on here, dave may be to the point but he always has facts and experience to back it up, it is dificult at first to work out the etticate in here but some folk might not want to join in or just give up to easily if they dont get the response they want:001_smile:

not nessesarily give up, but work out pretty quickly that A) pepole will ALWAYS take you OFF topic. B) will try to put you off take you down and generaly give you a hard time cos you came in and stepped on the big boys toes. C) realise that to many your opinion may seem big headed arrogant and ego, or just stupid so feel a waste of your time when you could be heads down in a book being far more constructive.

This WAS a good thread, i WAS hoping to have a sensibnle discussion on the validity and progression of pollarding not only as a techinque but to find out if anyone else like me had views that SOME of the old foresters over 200 years ago had a deep and profound observational knowledge, and knew their job better than SOME of the academics do today.

i am avaliable to anyone on a pm.

Skyhucks a big boy, and has a certain "style" but I am sure we will learn to love eachother! EVENTUALY, lol and while I have your atention sky, best i buy you a pint at a show some time and find out what the REAL us is all about, you might be suprised!

the tree community is too small as it is, what use is antagonism, and futile chest puffing we should unite, rather than seek out cause for division. "i only came here seeking knowledge, things they would not teach me of in collage" (sting)

Re; caravans, the previous poster is correct, you can have one on-site for woodworkers for a season, defined only as being "less than one year". A caravan doesn't need wheels, but must be portable and delivered in no more than two sections. I can't see any reason why you couldn't move it off site for one day a year.

If I'm right the caravan doesn't need to be moved just can't be lived in for more than a season. That's not to say you can't move back in after a day.

Planning lawyer would be a good place to start.

If I'm right the caravan doesn't need to be moved just can't be lived in for more than a season. That's not to say you can't move back in after a day.

Planning lawyer would be a good place to start.

and a weeks vacation fishing with the old man as we do everyyear covers the "vacate part"

Plannong laws and caravans are the easiest laws to get around that are out there. Tie the planners up on a 30day notice at worst- keep applying. My missus friends have been living in 2 statics for 9 years with no planning and fighting the planners. The original blag was that they had a nursery garden, but they ripped the polytunnels down 3 tyears ago and still have no planning and live there 365 days a year. There are soooo many loopholes its like a colander!

Look at all the travellers and gypsies on long term sites with no planning.......

Hama, a pint sounds great!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to it!!!!!

Its very hard to get to know people in any meaning full way from a few posts (or ever a few hundred) over a few weeks and months we get a more rounded view of one and other, but even then it not complete.

I have met up with guys on here on several occasions and have alway had a really great time.

The very fact that we are on here suggests we have a great deal in common :shakehands::beerchug::dancing:

Edited by skyhuck