No work today.

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why should farmers be expected to drop everything when it snows, a farm i used to work on when i was younger was on the outskirts of a small village, when it snowed and the milk tanker couldnt get to us we used to give the people free milk, i remember once being asked to clear the road out of the village, we were nearly finished when we hit a manhole cover, bent the front end loader quite badly, big expense but no thanks!

Lyn Ed ..

Considering all the, hand outs, grants, tax breaks and farm payments, stewardship schemes, setaside allowances etc that farmers get I would say it's not out of the way to spend a wee while every now and again clearing a road or two!!

If I was a farmer, and had the kit sitting in the sheds that could do the job and the local roads needed cleared, I would be there doing it, thanks or no thanks... it's a moral thing!!

you will usually find there is a reason why some folk wont do favours, because most folk dont appreciatte it, or if something breaks or goes wrong then no one is to be seen. i have done loads of favours and all of a sudden it is expected for nothing . last freeze i towed about 12 cars up a brae and a currys lorry, as they were all stuck, no thanks no tip nothing, years ago i cleared all the roads of trees just to get home, the police sat in their car while i dodged snapping dead elms in gusting 112 mph winds, when it got put in the paper i got no mention and the police got all the praise, then i got into bother for doing it while not holding the contract.

you will usually find there is a reason why some folk wont do favours, because most folk dont appreciatte it, or if something breaks or goes wrong then no one is to be seen. i have done loads of favours and all of a sudden it is expected for nothing . last freeze i towed about 12 cars up a brae and a currys lorry, as they were all stuck, no thanks no tip nothing, years ago i cleared all the roads of trees just to get home, the police sat in their car while i dodged snapping dead elms in gusting 112 mph winds, when it got put in the paper i got no mention and the police got all the praise, then i got into bother for doing it while not holding the contract.

I can completley understand that stevie.. other people taking or recieving credit for work you did is bloody annoying!

Strange times we are living in..

is that for real marc, if so holy moly:laugh1:

Only a few hours ago and its started snowing hard again in the last few minutes, still people get about if you can do without your car then you do, but if you really need it get shoveling and put the snow chains on.

This was on the way to catch a minibus back home to the inlaws house -13 right now in Romania.

19122009110.jpg.7990aa2a81dacd6210f31f3be5680421.jpg

19122009125.jpg.dde30426bc6e25a827c8eef95925d0c8.jpg

19122009162.jpg.f35faaca85a3bef32f9a10a2bc787a2b.jpg