something for the sharper arbor!

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Ahh...trust that many of us that touch trees on a daily basis have an intuitive awareness, if not grasp , of the " spriritual" nature of what we do, its place in the wider scheme and implication!

I do trust mr friend, realy i do. i know there are many many guys and girls out there doing this that have a natural "insightfull" approach to arboriculture and life in general.

but that will not stop me trying to encourage this further, instill it in the young, so that they may start off on this path rather than "finding it" on their own via a long route of self discovery.

and also in the true sense of my machieveli quote, I am choosing to be less than a "lukewarm advocate" of Alans phylosophies.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

".........and also in the true sense of my machieveli quote, I am choosing to be less than a "lukewarm advocate" of Alans phylosophies. ..."

Right, so you are happy to break the law but not particularly worried that doing so yields no measurable advantage....Interesting ...!

".........and also in the true sense of my machieveli quote, I am choosing to be less than a "lukewarm advocate" of Alans phylosophies. ..."

Right, so you are happy to break the law but not particularly worried that doing so yields no measurable advantage....Interesting ...!

mmmmm

I feel another quote coming on!

Galileo "my critiques will not look through my telescope"

and you cannot break a laws that as yet have not been written!

oh ballderdash that was meant to be " more than a lukewarm advocate" only just noticed that

hamadryad,

Rayners theory of Inclusionality = a

famous-cartoon-character-mickey-mouse.png

philosophy

Seriously though, the guy is talking total rubbish, human knowledge is not cumulative, what is gained in one generation can be lost in the next. Thats where his inclusionality theory falls to pieces. Unless of course he thinks it can somehow be hardwired into our genes which is just plain stupid.

mmm, good job were all different, be a flippin boring place else!

i think its got great potential, its erly days, whatever you think is fine with me, really it is but i cant help feeling a little gutted on Alans behalf that there are more knockers than takers. or at least find it as interesting as i did.

i guess at the end of the day, its one of those things you iether take or leave, but i hope some find it inspiring or interesting to think about.

"....but i cant help feeling a little gutted on Alans behalf."

Is there something to be gleaned from this comment or perhaps you merely refer to the "ichiatic" ( lukewarm I think!) responses from us 'ere on the forum? If the latter, I wouldnt be reading too much into mate!!

hamadryad,

human knowledge is not cumulative

fact or opinion??

ie, how do you know as i don't for sure. must we keep inventing the wheel?

if human knowledge was not cumulative, why do people have phobias such as snakes, spiders etc?

it's because of cumulative knowledge, a safety feature hard wired into the soul (opinion:001_rolleyes:)

fact or opinion??

if human knowledge was not cumulative, why do people have phobias such as snakes, spiders etc?

it's because of cumulative knowledge, a safety feature hard wired into the soul (opinion:001_rolleyes:)

This is a tricky one, some things are instinctual, others learnt, a skill is a methiod, whereas an instinct is hard wired.

I am in no doubt advanced civilisations have existed before and been lost, are you?

What skills did we "lose" when the romans left?

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

fact or opinion??

Ok, what I was tyring to say is that in science, the growth of knowledge is cumulative, but human life as a whole is not a cumulative activity so what we gain is one generation can just as easily be lost in the next :001_smile:

fact or opinion??

Disagree with that one, most phobia's are learned, not hard wired