Someone who knows what they want

cousin jack

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, right or wrong, the customer is always right, diplomacy can often turn a tonka into a customer and a wasted conversation into a cheque in the bank!

swallow the lot, be polite, eat dirt and take their money!

yes it can.......................but my sarcasm made me feel soo much better:thumbup: and she didnt get logs for xmas.:sneaky2:

her politeness would cost nothing!!!!!!!

1 customer in a 100 is more trouble than the other 99 put together. Sometimes its better to pass awkward customers by. Recommend your competition or say you have run out. You will keep your reputation intact long term and only loose one customer. If you upset mr awkward he will tell the entire town of his problems of you being 2 minutes late or some of the logs were 1/4" over 10" or you refused to wheel barrow and stack 1/4 mile away from the house. Luckily 99% of the population are easy to deal with. Large companies now reward awkward people who complain and change contracts every five minutes so they are getting trained into it.

Conversation i had last week.....

phone rings 8.50am

me - hello

him - its mr x i'd like to cancel the order of logs please

me - ooo ok, its 8.50 and im on my way with them (9am was drop off time) thats a bit short notice don't you think.

him - not my problem

me - ok then pal, before i go was there a problem?

him - yeah you were way to expensive, i have got a pick up load coming later for £60 and you were way way to expensive at £80 a pick up.

me - shame you didn't say i was too expensive when ordering them, not to worry. just out of interest, is it a double or single cab pick up and what sort of wood you got coming?

him - not sure what sort of pick up, why are they different sizes? and the bloke said its a mixed load.

me - ok well good luck with that, hope its not a double cab load of freshly cut apple or something similar. good day now

Conversation i had last week.....

phone rings 8.50am

me - hello

him - its mr x i'd like to cancel the order of logs please

me - ooo ok, its 8.50 and im on my way with them (9am was drop off time) thats a bit short notice don't you think.

him - not my problem

me - ok then pal, before i go was there a problem?

him - yeah you were way to expensive, i have got a pick up load coming later for £60 and you were way way to expensive at £80 a pick up.

me - shame you didn't say i was too expensive when ordering them, not to worry. just out of interest, is it a double or single cab pick up and what sort of wood you got coming?

him - not sure what sort of pick up, why are they different sizes? and the bloke said its a mixed load.

me - ok well good luck with that, hope its not a double cab load of freshly cut apple or something similar. good day now

keep his number on your phone for when he rings back....and he will, usually the following year when he thinks you have forgotten.

this is the one single reason that would push me into taking card payments before delivery, just so i could charge for cancellations