Saw size for milling

Coletti

11 hours ago, swinny said:

Ive a nice big lump of ash and a lump of cedar at the yard. Seeing this makes me want to have them milled but would have no use for them :(

No use for them yet. ;) 

Maybe you will in a couple of years and by then they will be seasoned. Or you could flog them. 

2 minutes ago, Coletti said:
12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:
Firewood? 

If he's considering milling, surely it's too good for fire wood and probably worth a good bit more if milled

Of course. :) But the way I read it he's considering having it milled, so recognizes its too good for firewood but other factors are maybe prohibitive. Time, financial return, no need for the Milled product or maybe not having any Milling equipment?

Im sure he'll be along soon enough to clarify. :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Of course. :) But the way I read it he's considering having it milled, so recognizes its too good for firewood but other factors are maybe prohibitive. Time, financial return, no need for the Milled product or maybe not having any Milling equipment?

Im sure he'll be along soon enough to clarify. :D 

Spot on really.... 

I have a lad who will take the cedar for carving.... ash is just sat here. Too labour intensive for logs at big diameters....

big stuff unless nice / unusual goes for biomass unfortunately but keeps the yard clear.

my other thought is would love a nice solid bench for the garden but probabily a long drawn out and expensive job? 

Have had plenty of oversized beech 3-4’ plus but that goes for biomass aswell due to space

1 minute ago, swinny said:

I awaite the stoning lol

Im kinda done with Beech, but biomass seems such a shame, but what can you do?

Ive got some 4' Ash Logs too, but I dont particular like Ash either, so will most likely burn it too. 

If we stick together we can maybe hold them off. :D 

• Haha 1