Logosol B751

trigger_andy

Well, I thought Id start a new thread on my new Logosol as 1, Im no longer looking for a Bandsaw and 2, the other thread now has a flown the nest nad has a happy life all on its own. :D 

So Ive taken delivery of the B751 from Davies Implements. Very good people to deal with on the phone. 24 hour shipping which was great but unfortunately the Saw Head was damaged during transit so I'm in limbo just now whilst waiting on a decision about what will happen next. 

Anyway,  as the trailer package will not be available till Spring/Summer 2019 I'm preparing a site out the front of my house for the Mill to sit. Much to my Wifes endless amusement. Once Im mobile with the Mill it will be parked here anyway. I'll eventually build a Car Port type thing for it. And yes, also a log store. :D We should be buying the house in the Summer but in case that falls through I dont want to build anything permanent. 

A local Tree Surgeon very kindly Ground the Stumps out and the 6 tons of Type 1 still needs to be spread out a little more and leveled off. Currently its 6 meters by 2m but ideally Id like 7-8 meters in length so may need another bag or two.  Im guessing I should get a whacker plate in for the day?

48397719_318941472287562_4019606192350298112_n.jpg

48407490_2720906954801518_5850370142965334016_n.jpg

48417379_203503697154268_7276852867867082752_n.jpg

48413915_746489732372346_8883371525076418560_n.jpg

48396227_366563740589459_5027364987832631296_n.jpg

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, topchippyles said:

I would put down  a concrete base andy so you can bolt the saw to it.Needs to be aligned very straight or the saw will not cut true and the legs are adjustable.

I did think about that but Im not sure the Wife will be happy with a big old slab smack bang out the front door. :D Do you think Type 1 whacked down and then 6x6" Posts or Sleepers under each leg will have movement?

Just now, Big J said:

Better with concrete, bed rails bolted to it. There is no substitute. 

Ok, I guess the general consensus is Concrete then? :D 

It will only be till the Trailer package is ready though. And Working away for a month at a time Im not even sure how much Milling time Id get anyway. 

I guess that it's more of an issue with larger logs and hydraulics, but one roughly loaded log on a mill that isn't bolted down can knock it right out of alignment. 

Trailed mills are more of an issue to keep straight. Regular checking of jacks and levels. It's annoying!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big J said:

I guess that it's more of an issue with larger logs and hydraulics, but one roughly loaded log on a mill that isn't bolted down can knock it right out of alignment. 

Trailed mills are more of an issue to keep straight. Regular checking of jacks and levels. It's annoying!

Yeh, never thought of that! Ah well, might have to just bite the bullet and lay some concrete then. :( Be as well clearing my logs needing split and making a decent pad. Since it looks like the Mill will be going back I have some time now anyway. :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big J said:

Worth bolting on some Spirit Levels then? 

• Like 1