Digger v telehandler

donnk

29 minutes ago, donnk said:

Eddie I don’t want a telehandler.

i want the duck so can load 8 wheelers / dig and also use it as a pseudo telehandler. Saves me buying  a 13 ton digger and a telehandler is my thinking

I know, you need a Hydradig but they’re not down in money enough yet! Any of the Ducks, Takeuchi, Neuson, Komatsu etc would fit most requirements. The Takeuchi almost certainly being the safest bet.

You could go 13 tonne Duck but only you know your applications.

Just showing how things could be done an awful lot differently than a standard Telehandler for not crazy money.

Eddie.

3 hours ago, difflock said:

I would have thought a Takeuchi rubber duck, with the 2 piece boom and Engon/steelwrist  unitwould be the optimium fit.

based on watching a few "Duckgirl 86" snippets, & roading is no issue.

I have used a 7.5T Ex. for everything he wants to do - however on my wish list is a duck as in my experience nothing comes close. I can insure one for a day or a week for pennies to move between land on the highway. Best stick to early Sunday mornings though. 

• Like 1

What swung it for me was seeing the forktoes being twirled aboot and snuck in sideways on/anyshape on, using the Engcon/steelwrist unit, no piddling the machine back and forwards to get properly lined up.

That and effortlessly switching about between the grab and the forktoes and the bucket, all quite mesmerizing to watch.

Only problem is if I had a machine like that, I would never be able to remember where I left the other attachments, based on my quite head-scratching ability to mis-lay hand tools within minutes of last using them.

Edited by difflock