Chipper Advice

brownie1964

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked briefly at those landforce chippers to, how do they measure up?

very nicely Ta

of a more robust construction than some

they put them up against greenmech tw & schlising on a like for like test at the factory that i saw

the volume it deals with & the build & the price was also good

since seeing that demo, I must point out that have sold these machines 'So i'm not really impartial'

A demo should convince you tho

their not well known but they are built in britain this is my 6th machine

we constantly have two as our own contract machine s

I keep with them as they are extremley easy to maintain & robust 61hp duetz air colled engine 9 cutting knives with 3 sharp edges so you can rotate the cutting face without sharpening the set , & when you do its as easy as buying a bench grinder ours was £19.99 we bolted it to the workbench & job sorted

Yeah petrol chipper chips 5 inch with out no stress 6 inch no stress kicks in. I dont need anything bigger i want to have more weight capcity on the truck.

Im sure when im more established ill go bigger but first year first chipper and i love it its a solid little beast.

Problem is with other machines too heavy for me so cant carry as much weight big machines are good for 7.5 tonners or if you have a truck to tow it.

:marchmellow:

Yeah petrol chipper chips 5 inch with out no stress 6 inch no stress kicks in. I dont need anything bigger i want to have more weight capcity on the truck.

Im sure when im more established ill go bigger but first year first chipper and i love it its a solid little beast.

Problem is with other machines too heavy for me so cant carry as much weight big machines are good for 7.5 tonners or if you have a truck to tow it.

:marchmellow:

Yeah, we usually take 2 trucks out when using my big chipper. You could probably load your truck up just the same with a bigger chipper though - you'd just be going home a lot slower:( Legally I think even if you loaded your truck to capacity you could still tow a good couple of tons.:wave:

This is my other chipper on the back of the first Cabstar I had. It's a Greenmech 15-23 (6"x9"), 27hp Kohler engine, twin infeed rollers, and only weighs 660kg. We use it for smaller private jobs or when we're just taking one truck. I've run it side by side with a Timberwolf TW150 and the Greenmech easily out chipped it. It would be a good step up from the petrol Entec or TW chippers and only costs around £10k+VAT.[ATTACH]2543[/ATTACH]

I see that Landforce are still being marketed. I thought that Duncan Wordsworth of Barford Holdings had decided that he couldn't be bothered any more and scrapped the remaining few or did Tony Castle pick them up and make a go of it. I wonder how many a year they make compared with the others and more importantly, has the disatrous build quality and service/support been improved?

I see that Landforce are still being marketed. I thought that Duncan Wordsworth of Barford Holdings had decided that he couldn't be bothered any more and scrapped the remaining few or did Tony Castle pick them up and make a go of it. ?

Hello Pete

yes they are still here !

do you like ?

. I wonder how many a year they make compared with the others and more importantly, has the disatrous build quality and service/support been improved?

I have one of this years builds ,No's ! I dont think they will want to sell beyond their ability to service the machines, although I understand that they are increasing dealers uk wide,

As for build quality they robust & capable machines more than capable of supporting Arbo's

like me ! we run two Landforce machines doing contract works all year round 5 days a week

So for us they are built well , as a manufacturer yourself I'm sure you no the mantra that WHAT MAN CAN MAKE, MEN WILL BREAK

although the servicing is easy enough the duetz engine is a monster & the machine takes its punishment on the chin ! its very capable. as with all kit, off road time is kept to down by regular maintanence

any more questions you have, please feel free to ask !