my new rigging kit has no markings!

Jay

Hate to tempt fate, but all this loler crap, having you r kit tested by someone whos kit looks far worse than yours. I had an inspection done once hid all my real kit gave him the most basic bits. Never been checked on in 10 years and never had a bit fail. Loler is a way of shedding responsibility for equipment faliure on to us, directly as climbers.

Let us not forget the HSE will prosecute if they can find any way of blaming us.

Sure you will all disagree but personally as a profesional climber if feel insulted by the fact that some no mark belives i cannot check my own kit.

Not sure although correct me if things have changed but loler does not cover rigging as its lowering not lifting???

loler is not crap it is there to protect you .

i have yet to meet a loler inspector whose kit is as you say crap the loler inspectors course is a very intensive and hard to pass course so if your not interested in kit you will NOT pass.

why did you not show him your proper kit unless its not fit for service infact why did you bother as if owt happened to you whilst using unchecked kit your more in the doo doo than pleading did not realize needed doing.

you should check your own kit daily

and record it weekly

and have it chesked within 6 months for climbing and 12 months for lowereing

and yes kit should be marked and identifable so you know its strengh and dates of purchase as kit does not like uv and degregates faster than we realize

i could go on and on but there you are

and yes i do have all my kit checked

and yes i am one of those damn loler inspectors

have a good night my rant is over:bongsmi::bongsmi::bongsmi::bongsmi:

Never been checked on in 10 years and never had a bit fail. Loler is a way of shedding responsibility for equipment faliure on to us, directly as climbers.

Bob, your bang on mate! i cant really add much to what you've already said you've pretty much covered it.There are a few things i would like to point out though to VL, is the kit you claim has never been checked for 10 years the same kit? if so all your textile kit ie harness, ropes, slings etc are all out of date. All textile items have a max 10 year life because as bob said many different aspects will degrade your kit.

Also you mentioned about responsilibilty for equipment, well....yeah you are! who else is? its your kit its your responsibility to make sure its looked after, used correctly & used within its limits, the list goes on. This is all for safety reasons not to p!$$ people about.

As for the LOLER course, it is tuff most people fail it first time round so we are certainly not a "no mark" as you put it.

My little rant is now over

loler is not crap it is there to protect you .

i have yet to meet a loler inspector whose kit is as you say crap the loler inspectors course is a very intensive and hard to pass course so if your not interested in kit you will NOT pass.

why did you not show him your proper kit unless its not fit for service infact why did you bother as if owt happened to you whilst using unchecked kit your more in the doo doo than pleading did not realize needed doing.

you should check your own kit daily

and record it weekly

and have it chesked within 6 months for climbing and 12 months for lowereing

and yes kit should be marked and identifable so you know its strengh and dates of purchase as kit does not like uv and degregates faster than we realize

i could go on and on but there you are

and yes i do have all my kit checked

and yes i am one of those damn loler inspectors

have a good night my rant is over:bongsmi::bongsmi:

:congrats: