Coming soon to a lock up near you

treebloke

No offence mate just our opinions on stuff:001_smile:

"but that view has lead to some truly horrific situations in the past" If your referring to things along the lines of religion etc then yes I agree with you but there are people out there that do truly horrendous things that should never be forgiven.

Glad I didn't offend :001_smile: You will have to excuse my love of "due process" as I'm a p/t student. It's nice to find people to debate with. :bowdown:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The helli had to act and thats what they did, yep he dropped his gun but what else was in the car/truck. It may not be nice but it's kill or be killed i'm afraid.

They were offering no immediate threat to anybody. On your analogy, a munitions truck driver would be liable to being shot even after they had surrendered. Before anyone mentions that the Geneva or Hague Conventions and Protocols offer no protection to Insurgents, check carefully.

If i were fighting for the freedom of my country (as it seems the "victims" in the vid were doing) and i got myself a mass of arms, If i were then spotted by an enemy craft with said weapons and i waved a flag or t shirt or whatever i truly wouldnt expect to be spared

So you don't believe in the Geneva Convention? :001_smile:

You couldn't see the heat sorce of him under the truck could be doing anything, only saw him pop his head out could be eyeing the helli up to make his next move maybe with a rocket who knows. If your going to hide you don't stick you head outto be shot off, like i said it's kill or be killed They have made there choice.

You couldn't see the heat sorce of him under the truck could be doing anything, only saw him pop his head out could be eyeing the helli up to make his next move maybe with a rocket who knows. If your going to hide you don't stick you head outto be shot off, like i said it's kill or be killed They have made there choice.

So how do you justify the shooting of a wounded unarmed man, as we see when they comment to shoot him as he is still moving? Ignoring the Humanitarian aspect, the intelligence aspect of capturing a live enemy would be far more valuable than just adding another to the body count.

To me it looks like he died before they shot truck, but at the end of the day there probably just pawns given orders and don't know anything so therefore not important. Don't get me wrong i'm against people doing mass suiside on whole villages like in sudan, but capture them or shoot them either way they will still be dead sooner or later.