anti council warrior

DrewB

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2bWngrpr4Y"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2bWngrpr4Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Had this guy filming us the other day-hes a bit strange.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying not to be picky but...

Lowering ?????

Dismantling ?????

What the hell :confused1:

I know what you mean dean but virtually all our work is done in or on one of aucklands 56 volcanoes. Were not really supposed to even take vehicles on, absolutely no impact is allowed from our work and the council insist that everything gets lowered. If id been videoed dropping that, i would probably off been sacked. I actually find it to be a really good way of keeping work fun and were never under any pressure to rush.

Thats near the summit of mt wellington on the crater rim:001_smile:

I know where your comiing from Drew but saving a few divets in the grass is hardly an ecological disaster and a huge waste of council resourses.

Sometimes councils need to stand back and look at some of their policies, I fell huge trees across peoples lawns with minimal damage that a garden fork sorts out in a few minutes :confused1:

Councils are barmy sometimes :001_smile:

I know where your comiing from Drew but saving a few divets in the grass is hardly an ecological disaster and a huge waste of council resourses.

Sometimes councils need to stand back and look at some of their policies, I fell huge trees across peoples lawns with minimal damage that a garden fork sorts out in a few minutes :confused1:

Councils are barmy sometimes :001_smile:

In general I would agree Dean, but eliminating any chance of "collateral damage" on a sensitive site (Historic or Ecological) is a worth while philosophy.

Often I've witnessed what appears to be pro teams (no names) not rigging down and spanking a target. Very, very fine line as we all know.

Nice work Drew.

Turn up, do your work, no damage, reputation enhanced in the eyes of the public. :thumbup1:

In LA LA land, it's quite often not just about how much work can be acheived, but not always :sneaky2:

This job below, cheesed off the team no end, but I know that our rep was not sullied by a slack moment of a speared luimp in the target.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/4092-inspirational-places-youve-worked-2.html

Edited by Monkey-D

In general I would agree Dean, but eliminating any chance of "collateral damage" on a sensitive site (Historic or Ecological) is a worth while philosophy.

Often I've witnessed what appears to be pro teams (no names) not rigging down and spanking a target. Very, very fine line as we all know.

Yet a vehicle is driven over the grass to the tree ?

There are no targets David, it's a hill above a carpark with grassed area.

Monuments in graveyards, historic walling, neigbouring ancient trees, buildings, yes no problem, lower with care

Not a rant but a bit of a common sense approach on the councils part to 1/4 the time taken to get rid of the tree and save public money wouldn't have gone a miss :001_smile: