Gibson ES 335 .

Stubby

Is that your dream guitar then Stubby? Iv just never been able to feel the love for them- admittedly I have never owned one only fiddled on one here and there- lovely to play as with most Gibson’s but I simply don’t like the look of them (same with rickenbcker). I’m more or a PRS custom 24 (my dream guitar) man, iv always fancied a thinline tele too with P90s- controversial, but that’s me!

Edited by Matthew Storrs

1 minute ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Is that your dream guitar then Stubby? Iv just never been able to feel the love for them- admittedly I have never owned one only fiddled on one here and there- lovely to play as with most Gibson’s but I simply don’t like the look of them (same with rickenbcker). I’m more or a PRS custom 24 (my dream guitar) man, iv always fancied a thinline tele too with P90s- controversial, but that’s me!

Telecaster with a strat neck is something I've fancied for a while.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Has anyone built their own guitars? 

Yep I " bolt together Strats and Teles coz you can but not set neck jobs . I have a 54 Tele and a 57 Strat that I made from bying selected parts , mostly from the USA . Both one piece swamp ash with north American hard rock maple necks . 50s wiring with paper in oil caps and CTS pots , switch craft jack sockets and selector switch . All finished in nitro cellulose with checking and light ware . Currently working on a 335 and a Les Paul .........

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Yep I " bolt together Strats and Teles coz you can but not set neck jobs . I have a 54 Tele and a 57 Strat that I made from bying selected parts , mostly from the USA . Both one piece swamp ash with north American hard rock maple necks . 50s wiring with paper in oil caps and CTS pots , switch craft jack sockets and selector switch . All finished in nitro cellulose with checking and light ware . Currently working on a 335 and a Les Paul .........

Sounds like a canny hobby you have there.

Just now, Mark J said:

Sounds like a canny hobby you have there.

Be even better if I was any kind of a munition ! . Got a Vox AC 30 with Celestion blue backs  ( ridiculously loud ) a very nice Tweed Fender Blues Junior  driving an Eminence " canibis rex " speaker  ( hemp cone ) and one or two other valve amps . Wish I could do them justice .........

8 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Be even better if I was any kind of a munition ! . Got a Vox AC 30 with Celestion blue backs  ( ridiculously loud ) a very nice Tweed Fender Blues Junior  driving an Eminence " canibis rex " speaker  ( hemp cone ) and one or two other valve amps . Wish I could do them justice .........

Sounds like you have some lovely kit!

i sold off all my ‘nice’ guitars 10 years ago to start my buisness, leaving just my trusty Ibanez RG270 as it was worth far more to me than its monetary value. However last year I bought this little thing as I have a 3 year old now so keeping it quiet in the evenings is the order of the day! Phenomenal sounds can be got out of it. Reverb like you would believe 

6F16EC25-4499-4DC9-B3A6-57C6E2D7A308.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Stubby said:

So what songs do you like to play with that set up?