Harness Help!

staffy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The myth of the sliding dee throwing you "off" is just that... a myth. I guarantee you that 99% of the people expressing that fear were weaned on a 4 dee/central dee saddle and have never actually attempted to wear and grow accustomed to the benefits of a floating dee.

My only complaint is my enlarging gut causes the super efficient HDP roller to catch my shirt. I HATE that.

Does nobody like the treeflex? Been using it for 6 months, really like it, only mods are 2 Petzl quickdraws with the Bow shackles off a Komet butterfly 2 attached so you can comfortably hang off your strop, also safer for felling big tops out.

Does nobody like the treeflex? Been using it for 6 months, really like it, only mods are 2 Petzl quickdraws with the Bow shackles off a Komet butterfly 2 attached so you can comfortably hang off your strop, also safer for felling big tops out.

Any chance of a picture of your mod please?

after using the rear gear loops to hang my saw on my butterfly2 and they failed. doh. i spliced up some 9mm beeline then attached a teardrop mallion midline and hung it off my harness with 2 mallions. plently strong

Jamie

Ficus Ill try and do it this week, to elaborate you disconnect the two bow shackles that hold the main d and add the 2 quickdraws, then locktite it back again and attach 2 mallions or in my case the bow shackles off a komet butterfly 2 ( these are available as spare parts) to the other ends of the quickdraws. You can then attach your strop ( ijust use the soft wire core flipline from komet) to these points. Ideally something like the tremotion would be better as this feature is built in but i like the back support you get with the treeflex.

It has passed LOLER like this. This mod should be possible on any harness where the main d is attached by shackles, though you must use the quickdraws as having metal and fabric in the same place would not be good.