hitchclimber?

TreeTomass

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got any advice on ensuring the static line in the hitchclimber doesn't interfere with the vt?

Haven't got a photo to show, but was anchored off a choked krab and using the spliced eye on the static end, found it held too close to the wraps, and prevented them from funtioning properly - so often had to re-dress the hitch to ensure it bit down.

Any suggestions?

yeah ive tried 3 wraps but the it gets really tight and hard to pull the slack through,might try shorter prussic

funny you should say that... I have been having a problem the last couple of days. Been climbing on one of the spliced AP' DreB did for me. It has been really biting the climb line. Changed back to the old fashioned fishermans knots and today it ran fine, no biting and self tending from about 15 foot up...

Mmm... can't put my finger on the reason though.

ive been having that too. i think its because my tachyon needs milking as its got a bit of bagginess from using both ends, so it keeps getting milked to the middle section and the cord really bites onto the baggy bit. its weird though as it was running perfect the week before-it may also be that just because the AP doesnt melt, it may lose its performance over time just not in melting. not sure.....................

ive been having that too. i think its because my tachyon needs milking as its got a bit of bagginess from using both ends, so it keeps getting milked to the middle section and the cord really bites onto the baggy bit. its weird though as it was running perfect the week before-it may also be that just because the AP doesnt melt, it may lose its performance over time just not in melting. not sure.....................

Interesting mate... I used the spliced AP on my elderid timber blue the day before and things ran fine. today the tachyon. might try milking it if I get 10 min.

My other thought was that the AP is relatively stiff near the splice and softer in the middle... whereas the fisherman's knot version is soft all the way to the knot. suppose what I am getting at is the friction is only on the wraps and not the braids, hence the locking up... what ya reckon..?

Edited by Rich Rule

funny you should say that... I have been having a problem the last couple of days. Been climbing on one of the spliced AP' DreB did for me. It has been really biting the climb line. Changed back to the old fashioned fishermans knots and today it ran fine, no biting and self tending from about 15 foot up...

Mmm... can't put my finger on the reason though.

hey rich,ive changed back to fishermans but on some spectra stuff,no probs what so ever and is a lot softer which is what i like,i also do the braids then a wrap but not over the rope then 2 more,works sweet,Got a 25m role of ap coming to work next week so will try that with fishermans agaiin :thumbup1: