Isc micro grab

atree

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine did exactly the same thing. It started to fray and break where it contacted the unit so I just made it shorter and it still worked perfectly. Though now the wires going a second time I will need to replace it as there wont be enough left if i shorten it to get that springy action.

Edited by treediver

The wire is there so that if you are 200ft up a cliff and need to switch it to a different rope by removing the nut you don`t drop it. For tree stuff its not essential. Just take it off. It doesn`t affect the function or safety.

who trained you 2 b a loler inspector? prehaps you should ask them whether or not they effect the function or safety

It most certianly IS esential, please don't pay 2 much attention to the abouve post:thumbdown: not only am i a very experianced loler inspector but i work quite closely with ISC & I can assure you on Wayne's behalf that without the wire SPRING it is not safe & would not have obtained its PPE CE mark!

what caused it to fray? i do see a fair few which need replacing but it usually lasts a year or 2 minimum, people do catch them as they tug their saw up whilst their strop is hanging, maythis be what happened?i will do some experimans 2 c if an extra layer of shrink tube will help to make it harder wearing without effecting the functionality & may relay youre concerns 2 ISC next time i chat 2 them, mind you,the vast majority of people have no complaints

• 2 weeks later...

the company i work for buys alot of the ropegrabs and when it comes to the sixmonthlys, most of them end up with a partially or completely severed wire. seems to be somewhat of a design issue when they are subject to very high levels of wear and tear. id say most of the lads i work with use em but i dont personally. not keen on em.