New chipper

5 shires

Evening all....just a quick question if anyone has used the new greenmech 150p and there thoughts...I have mine coming this week..not having second thoughts at all...only I couldn't have one on Hire as there were none available at the time...had a brand new 130 for a while till it got trashed by low life scum...anyway just thought I would ask if anyone has used one and what are your thoughts on the 37hp petrol engine compared to the I think 35 hp diesel.????

Don't know about the chipper much as actually didn't know they did it till I looked at your post but I've used the 150s and cracking machines, as for the engine it's the same as on our grinder which is quite a grunty little thing and picks up speed very well so what you may loose it torque you will gain in speed of rpm recovery, not convinced of fuel economy as last week on 7hrs of grinding I used nearly 40ltrs of fuel so I'd definitely be stacking up brash and having a mad chip up rather than leaving it running and feeding as you cut.
Any particular reason you wet for the petrol version?

Hi john...well I aim to stay small and at my age i'am happy to do so...my main income is garden Design and construction...but played around with the tree side of things since I was small and has always interested me...so 25 yes ago I decided I would add it on to what I do not so much to make money but cause I really injoyed it...but last few years it's gone crazy and have built up a good rep for tree work and am traveling anything up to 60 miles away to do work.brought my first new Chipper last year Arborist 130 and lived it until it got trashed...it was one of the only few things I have ever brought new and I was gutted...so I decided I would trade it in and not lose a great deal of money on it...loved the petrol engine so quiet and good fuel economy but only 24hp I found i needed more power and not necessarily bigger chip capability..so jumped on the 150 and found out that because of the emissions thing Greenmech are doing a petrol 150 with 37hp.cushty.sold and should have delivery this week.am not mechanicly minded so very simple and quiet machine.and Greenmech are 20 min from me.? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gray git said:

Not convinced of fuel economy as last week on 7hrs of grinding I used nearly 40ltrs of fuel so I'd definitely be stacking up brash and having a mad chip up rather than leaving it running and feeding as you cut.

Equates to 6 litres per hour which is bang on the money for this engine.

Ty

That's about the most sensible concise reason for a purchase decision I've read on here for a long time, keep us informed how you find it compared to the 130 with the extra hp and I hope it helps speed things up a bit for you and no little scrotes get to this one. [emoji106]

35 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I looked at all the figures on the 150p Ty and although they mite not have all the numbers correct the difference in engine size and power compared to the 24hp means I won't be putting it under as much stress as I will only be pushing same size materials though,just more of it...seems to make sense to me..but I could be wrong..lokking forward to seeing how she goes though.?

Having used and sold both (we are a GM dealer) You'll find the 150P wont physically handle larger material as I am sure you know its the same base machine as the 130. But its throughput is quicker. If there is a gang of you felling, dragging and feeding then the 150P with its extra 13hp will keep up much better.

The 130 is perfect for the individual or small team. As long as the chipper has dealt with the piece of timber by the time the operator grabs the next piece to feed then that's spot on.  

The 150P is a cracking tool, engine runs sweet and the new bonnet looks awesome...