Ok- lets see where this ends up ....

Khriss

A very good idea on the face of it but there are poignant observations in the commentary, e.g. the irony of this idea being promoted by the same government that wants to drive a train - literally - through existing ancient woodlands.

Also there's the small matter of the funding, much of which will surely be needed to compensate farmers for loss of production: it needs to cover many years of future loss, not just the next three or four.

• Like 1

The government bless them are offering app 1% to get this scheme off the ground and are  expecting charities to do the rest, what a load of shite. That £5.7m will get swallowed up by those that polish office chairs with their arses , just cant see this ever happening. I thought the emphasis post brexit was to get our farmers back into supplying home produce to feed the nation , planting forests over land that has taken generations to clear and cultivate does not make sense.

Bob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

I thought the emphasis post brexit was to get our farmers back into supplying home produce to feed the nation , planting forests over land that has taken generations to clear and cultivate does not make sense.

Bob

Tell that to those who believe their homes have been flooded due to denudation of the water course upstream of them!

I wouldn't go so far as to say this will never happen but I'm sure it won't happen in the planned format; await the political/economic watering down.

An oak every 1km maybe...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nepia said:

Tell that to those poor unsuspecting souls that have purchased housing on developments their local council have allowed  on floodplains ! Normally rubber stamped after £ millions are spent on consultation over many years by more know nothing twats that polish chairs with their arses. I can see a pattern forming :)

I wouldn't go so far as to say this will never happen but I'm sure it won't happen in the planned format; await the political/economic watering down.

An oak every 1km maybe...

Fixed that for you :)

Bob

• Haha 1