Kwikchip

Con

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

I don't think it is. Ours has had a umber of engines and mods over the years but I think the 222 came with a pretty big 3  or 4 cylinder engine. 

can you track it to a model with any serial no's on the chassis? 

I can't find anything on the chassis. The original suppliers name is on it still. Fletcher's Stockport. I don't think they are still trading. Not under the same name anyway. Thanks again tho

43 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Fletcher stewart marketed another manufacturers chipper under the Kwik chip livery and name.

Gibsons at, I think,  Nelson or Colne are the 'go to' people now. Maybe email some photos for an ident? 

Yes, fletcher stewart! Couldn't read that bit. Getting somewhere now! I'll give Gibson's a ring. Thanks Gary 

1 hour ago, Luckyeleven said:

How long have chipper manufacturers had a seat at the table of the HSE?

I wonder if I buy a new machine, how long it will comply before new regs render it obsolete....

That change in legislation came 17 years ago in the year 2000, so its not like they change things every 5 minuets.

23 hours ago, PeteB said:

Con, from your first picture, I'd say that it doesn't comply with current H&SE regs with regards to the length of the chute and height with that control bar. Is it worth doing anything with?

Hi Pete. Here's a pic of the actual chipper. I plucked the other pic off the internet for id purposes. I'm in the process of 'playing with it. I've read the hse legislation and i don't think it's going to be too difficult to get it to comply. I'll let you know how i get on

Screenshot_2017-12-23-23-33-53.png

• Like 1