Pole Pruner's?

Stihlwatersrundeep

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i use one quite alot i think there brilliant for dead wooding and pruning the tips. but awkard to climb with and heavy at full extention but alot easier than climbig out to the tips.

heard of someone who was climbing with a pole saw. hooked it on a branch above him save carrying it around. was climbing aroud beneath it when it fell off the branch so he thought he'd catch it. instead slipped through his hand cutting half way through it to the middle of his palm. lovely!

I remember that occasion, got himself safely to the ground, then passed out!! The boss was more concerned about the time being lost caring for the injured party! And told him to say he was working on a private job so it didnt reflect badly on the company!

I have an extendable silky on a pole with the branch pruner attached.

It was a £100 special and it's earned it's money 10 fold.

Mostly I use it from the ground to finish whispy laylandii that are just to dodgy to reach any other way without getting scaffolding in. It is very time consuming and I get a lot of brash in the face but sometimes it's the easiest option that I have found so far.

I used the saw up a rotton old ivy covered ash once. I didnt want to climb it, customer didny want the ivy off!. The cuts were very rough but I got the dead branches down with it, without having to risk climbing the rotton b#*ch.

Are we talking power pruner or silky on a stick here?

The only time I'v used one is in the work climb event....

Most cuts are accessible to a climber with a silky, although I wont say never!

I wouldnt want to use a power pole saw in a tree under any circumstances. I have used the long reach hedge cutters in a rope and situation, although that is another story!

i mean a silky one when i say i use one in the tree. using a powered on is just lazy. and stupid.