Khriss

Little old find in a mates shed....... Mc Culloch 110 , which for those of you old enuff- were sold by their 100's in Exchange and Mart ( the Ebay of the '80s)

Non runner and horrid state , however I have a soft spot for Macs , so thought it was worth a go . They usually - because of their price get bought by idiots and used until they stop - then called a 'bag of shite ' and thrown away - however.........

20171125_145550.jpg

...was amazed on cleaning n stripping it down, just how much 'making' went into these saws for the £89.00 in 1983 they sold for , it has mag-alloy casings , points ignition , NO antivibration damping, auto oiling off a pressure pulse from the crank case , and a very compact and finely crafted build. The cases fit the engine pack like a glove . It is strictly a top handled saw so actually should never have been sold at all !

McC 110 I.jpg

All parts are still available from US, zama carbs , pistons and sprockets , bar is a standard item . A 12" bar would be better on this as it is Nose heavy ' with the 14" bar . New chain from Northern Arb supplies arrived today , so will find my balllistics n some two stroke and see how it goes :) K

McC 110 II.jpg

Cheers Gary & NFG  - Mc Culloch   made a number of Pro saws we never even got to see much in UK ,  I bought an import saw 55cc and found they had got a Heron Suzuki barrel on it ! ( Race grade for motorcycles ) it lasted 10 yrs an logged ton after ton for me .

Obvs World turns an we now have auto-tune  an injection moulding cases - ahhh well :/ K

• Like 2