365xt transfer port covers

gixer1

Does anyone know if and where a set of transfer port covers can be purchased for a Husqy 365xt or 372? I want to do the 372 conversion but do not want to grind out my originals so the saw can be put back to standard if I want.

Is there a Husqvarna part number?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Gixer

There is no  part No , sorry .  but...whats the point , it will be better if you either fit 372 covers or grind yous out . Why would you want to return it to a less efficient form ? ( he politely asked ) :)

Edited by Stubby
Duff info re part No !

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:13, Stubby said:

There is no  part No , sorry .  but...whats the point , it will be better if you either fit 372 covers or grind yous out . Why would you want to return it to a less efficient form ? ( he politely asked ) :)

Stubby - My 365 is super reliable, Has never let me down yet and so I don't want to go and alter the covers and have an issue I can't undo, quite often cast parts could have a weakness that you cant see until you cut the fin off etc.

I wonder what happens if you break a cover during a rebuild etc.? surprised they expect you to buy a complete cylinder!

I just prefer having the parts to put it back.

Has anyone got a set of second hand covers or a complete cylinder for sale??

Maybe I should just be happy that its a good going 365 and stop chasing MORE POWER! xD

Regards,

Gixer

51 minutes ago, gixer1 said:

I wonder what happens if you break a cover during a rebuild etc.?

How many people have found that they broke the covers after modifying them or have actually broken a cover during a rebuild ? It's not something I've ever heard of happening. They are substantial metal a couple of inches square you would have to be rough to damage them. 

42 minutes ago, peatff said:

How many people have found that they broke the covers after modifying them or have actually broken a cover during a rebuild ? It's not something I've ever heard of happening. They are substantial metal a couple of inches square you would have to be rough to damage them. 

Oh well, I guess it never happens then....my point being - cast alloys are prone to imperfections, so you may not see the weakness until you cut and grind out the port fins (something Husqvarna probably didn't intend to be done)

The fins are an addition.

Husqvarna needed a saw to compete with every single Stihl model. Rather than build a new saw, they took the 372 and restricted it.

The fins are very easy to remove with a Dremel type tool. If you're worried about the casting under the fins, you could always leave them as little ridges.

Though imo the fins actually make the part weaker by creating a sticky out lever.

5 hours ago, gixer1 said:

Oh well, I guess it never happens then....my point being - cast alloys are prone to imperfections, so you may not see the weakness until you cut and grind out the port fins (something Husqvarna probably didn't intend to be done)

Its a pressure die casting not poured .  the fins are an addition to restrict it . 372XT is exactly the same saw bar the fins . People are buying 365 XT and removing the fins as it is cheaper than buying one that has them already removed called a 372 XT !  I think it would just be a detail change in the die cast tool . Two different core parts interchangeable .