Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

8 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

Range rovers are built to EU standards. Everything the chinese sell here is made to EU standards. So the answer to your questions are Yes, Yes and Yes.

And I haven't insulted anyone on this forum, so why are you?

Ahhh, OK. Every other country in the world can meet EU standards and export to the EU. However an independent UK won't be able to meet EU standards. I'm glad that's all been cleared up 9_9

You're such a retard you don't even know when you insult people. 

1 minute ago, matelot said:

Ahhh, OK. Every other country in the world can meet EU standards and export to the EU. However an independent UK won't be able to meet EU standards. I'm glad that's all been cleared up 9_9

If you took the time to actually read something that disagrees with your opinion you might notice I was saying we will soon lose to ability to help decide what those standards are not that we will lose the ability to meet those standards.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matelot said:

It could be said that a big percentage of people who voted remain did so out of fear of change. I know my dad did. He said “better the devil you know than the devil you don’t!”

7 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

I doubt it. Everyone who bothers to debate a topic at least has put some thought into it. The brexit vote was at least half carried by a bunch of people who wanted a change without knowing the first thing about that change. I still maintain this is a retarded thing to do.

Or maybe they voted to still have the power to control their own countries future. If we had voted to remain in "ever closer union" would have left us all as simply passengers on the EU bus, without even the power to vote out a dangerous driver and paying for far more than our share of the fuel.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

If you took the time to actually read something that disagrees with your opinion you might notice I was saying we will soon lose to ability to help decide what those standards are not that we will lose the ability to meet those standards.

O.o And you think China can?

see your earlier post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

You seem to be unable to articulate why not being able to decide EU standards is such a bad thing though.... Honestly, if that's the reason you think the EU is such a good thing it's absolutedly bizarre.

1 hour ago, javelin10 said:

I didn't say half, I said a quarter. 25% eurosceptics plus 26.9% slight retards equals 51.9%. Eurosceptics aren't retards; I'm just not at all impressed by there arguments. 

26.9% is still a large number of our population. Is it factually correct to call that amount of people retards or is this an insult because you can’t explain their reasons for voting without using the usual drivel churned out by camp remain?

True. It's the bit about being a small fish in an increasingly big and interconnected pond that will make things worse. And the fact that we left for all the wrong reasons.

Being small doesn’t mean you can’t be successful. Is success measured on size? Our armed forces wouldn’t think so. 

Not really, considering the fact that all the EU laws that really affect us are to do with trade. And the ECHR is something I fully agree with, as should all Brits, as it's the most British thing in the EU.

Freedom of movement (as an example) is completely different to the power of a vacuum cleaner. Laws and specs different. To stick with vacuums as an example dyson could have 2 motors to fit 1 product, powerful motor to sell to uk. Weak EU motor to sell to EU. Simple really. 

Don't get your point here, but the world has recently been through a massive financial crisis, the effects of which we are still feeling. The last time we had such a big shock it caused WW2. If we get away this time with a bit of unrest and a few right-wing windbags getting elected, then going away, then I'll be very relieved :). Besides, does the UK look like the picture of stability to you, right now? And the EU is growing faster then us now, btw.

Point being remain camp see the EU as this big stable block that we should continue to be a part of. It’s not it contains lots of countries struggling wrapped tightly by a belt that’s just about holding them together. Is Greece a growing nation on the road to recovery? Youth unemployment is atrocious across the EU a lot of individual nations are hardly nations to envy. Why is the EU squeezing us for every penny just to talk? Could they be in trouble financially when they know they can no longer depend on our ever increasing amounts of money?

The EU is huge, and German car manufacturers don't control everything.

I'm really not underselling the UK. I'm selling it exactly as I see it.

Exactly the EU is huge yet small %’s like the car manufacturers are warning the EU that purposely hurting us will hurt them which in turn it will hurt the EU. How many jobs does the car market have because of our purchasing power? 

People will always want to deal with the UK whether we are in or out of Europe because if you have a product to sell an I am willing to purchase it my money is as good as anybody else’s and at its most basic it is the likes of you selling to I not government to government that matters. 

Holland will still supply our nurseries with plants, shrubs and trees long after these debates have finished. 

AS one door shuts, another one always opens if your looking for it, Everything is always on the move, if your not going forward you are going backwards so there is no standing still , Not in today's world.

As so called UK based companies " Relocate " their UK interest's away from the UK there will be others who see opportunities & fill their old space, yes we will have a wobble in the UK & no one knows for how long, Those of us with small to medium sized business interests will still see the sun rise & see the sun set & do a days work in between, not much will change.

European import tariffs may be a thing of the future & if manufacturers still wish to sell machinery to the many, the price will have to accommodate any trading tariffs other wise no business will be concluded.

Business people we have spoke to from Germany & Austria say we are in for a bit of a rough time but they still need our cash so things will carry on pretty much as they are at the moment, They really cant get over the media spin in the UK ( good news sells but bad news & scaremongering sells more )

In our opinion the Brexit negotiations team & media are they only ones to come out of this smelling of roses.  

The UK has a stock exchange & that its self will keep London on the world map, The UK is also a communication hub & the business traffic uses the UK to globally get around, Other economy's will want to take our tourism spend & also our machinery spend, when I have been moving & travelling around Europe you do see their industry making do with older machinery, from an outsiders prospective they seem to manage with what they have, they will still want our " Must have shopping list " & be happy to take our money if given the chance, China are finally starting to get their manufacturing act together & given time this is going to be a big threat to to where UK make their spend, 

As a kid I remember the pi?s been taken out of " made in Japan "  but Japan have done OK now it may be China's turn for the next few years.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, digaholedumper said:

AS one door shuts, another one always opens if your looking for it, Everything is always on the move, if your not going forward you are going backwards so there is no standing still , Not in today's world.

As so called UK based companies " Relocate " their UK interest's away from the UK there will be others who see opportunities & fill their old space, yes we will have a wobble in the UK & no one knows for how long, Those of us with small to medium sized business interests will still see the sun rise & see the sun set & do a days work in between, not much will change.

European import tariffs may be a thing of the future & if manufacturers still wish to sell machinery to the many, the price will have to accommodate any trading tariffs other wise no business will be concluded.

Business people we have spoke to from Germany & Austria say we are in for a bit of a rough time but they still need our cash so things will carry on pretty much as they are at the moment, They really cant get over the media spin in the UK ( good news sells but bad news & scaremongering sells more )

In our opinion the Brexit negotiations team & media are they only ones to come out of this smelling of roses.  

The UK has a stock exchange & that its self will keep London on the world map, The UK is also a communication hub & the business traffic uses the UK to globally get around, Other economy's will want to take our tourism spend & also our machinery spend, when I have been moving & travelling around Europe you do see their industry making do with older machinery, from an outsiders prospective they seem to manage with what they have, they will still want our " Must have shopping list " & be happy to take our money if given the chance, China are finally starting to get their manufacturing act together & given time this is going to be a big threat to to where UK make their spend, 

As a kid I remember the pi?s been taken out of " made in Japan "  but Japan have done OK now it may be China's turn for the next few years.

Good post with common (rare) sense and rationale.