Greenmech cs100 vs timberwolf 80/100

jamesd

I'm thinking of buying my first chipper pretty soon and these are the two I'm interested in. 

By the time you get a trailer for the cs100 it is around the same cost as the timberwolf, maybe a bit Cheeper. 

Has anyone got any experience

of these two machines? They both have the same size engines and have a 4" feed size. 

I just wanted to know peoples opinions on the two, heard a lot about the greenmech but not the timberwolf

21 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Ran a 80/100 when i started great machine still got it use it on the odd job were i need to leave chips in garden good size ride on mower will tow it about. Keep it sharp and it will chip bit more then 4'', on nice even brash it chips very fast. 

Interesting, cheers for the info. Did you buy new or 2nd hand out of interest? 

New I think they are about 8.5k which is almost in the realms of a small roller fed machine I guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan494 said:

I had the timberwolf, good chipper but I wouldn't pay that much for a new one, id get a roller fed machine like the 160 if on a budget and wanted a new chipper. There's a few second hand ones about, seen 2 this week for bout the 2.5k mark

Where abouts did you see the second hand ones?

3 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

I'd go CS100 and trailer, it'll out perform as a tow along with the 160mm x 315mm infeed throat and also you can take it off the trailer, push it into the back garden and carry out all required work there whereas the TW will be sat out on the road side....

Interesting, I didn't realise the greenmech had a bigger infeed tbh. Always thought the timberwolf was the larger machine out of the two

depends what you want, the timberwolf is a proper tow behind and can direct the chute  any angle and has a good throw. cs100 you've only got 3 directions to send the stuff, no idea about the throw but assume its decent but not as high? and you'll need a trailer to move it about on, then there's the security of someone picking it up and having it away if its at the front of a house while you're in the bank. The timberwolf you can lock onto the van and have a wheel clamp to slow them down