Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

10 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Training with weights is completely individual,some will benefit most from 3 days training,some 4 or 5 with some twice a day every day(usually bodybuilders)

It greatly depends on a whole host of variables,age,body fat,diet,are you carrying injuries,time constraints,do you get a good sleep etc the list could go on and on.

Best thing to do is try 3 days a week or every 2nd day if your really keen and just gauge how you feel at the end of a 4 week trial period-you will know if your over doing it as you'll be cream crackered!

Put other important protocols in order eg diet.Diet is the number 1 stumblimg block for 95% of gym goers myself included-i like pizza and ice cream,who doesnt,but try to eat as healthy as you can,its pretty simple if you look on youtube etc-there are lots of good quality nutrition plans out there.

Dont get into a really tough denial type eating plan as it wont help you recover from your workouts,just be senseable.

We all know the kind of foods we shouldnt be eating so just apply common sense but dont be too hard on yourself if you slip now and again-we all do-and life is for enjoying,not just for gyming.

Keep us posted how your doin mate

Don’t get me wrong I’m not interested in getting big, I was wondering how much the big guys have to do to get really big!

Lose the bit of fat I have and tone up is all I want. Just want to do that as efficiently as possible so a mix of weights and cardio seems to be the way forward though could easily be wrong 

How much time do you spend lifting each day/week whatever to allow you to get anywhere near these weights. I see from an earlier post you’ve been going for many years but presumably you have to go a lot to keep it up?
I bench twice a week flat bench on a Tuesday and incline on a sat I train two other days in the week total 4 days which for heavy weights is plenty body needs to recover on the other days my PB on incline is 160kg

Any training increasing the metabolism, high intensity short bursts. Maintain a good balanced intake of food and burn more food energy than you put it. As a tree man you’ll have a good metabolic rate anyway. 3 1 hr sessions a week or every other day with a days rest in between. Depending on how much you’ve done in the past or do now, along with what you decide you want. Need all over body conditioning mixed with Cardio to keep red blood cell production up and oxygen intake at its most efficient. I love training, and climbing when I get the opportunity. Life and work open up some amazing doors, closing others just not completely thankfully. Lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not interested in getting big, I was wondering how much the big guys have to do to get really big!

Lose the bit of fat I have and tone up is all I want. Just want to do that as efficiently as possible so a mix of weights and cardio seems to be the way forward though could easily be wrong 

Some cardio and weights will burn off the fat and instantly make you look leaner and more muscular.

For those bigger guys who are blessed with good genetics will gain pretty quickly but that doesnt mean its easy,they have to train hard and eat properly aswell.

There are some great training programs online and if you get bored or feel the training gettin repetative you can mix it up and add in plyometrics or cardio based resistance training to get you a little boost.

Ive been doin a little training program just now,only once a week though.

You take a weak body part or a muscle/muscle group thats not responding to your current program and focus on it.

Its called density training,there are several different ways to do it but ive found going up against the clock is my prefered option.

Lets say for talking sake its bench press and you usually press 50kg for 10 reps over 5 sets which would normally take me around 20 minutes approx to complete.

In this program you half that weight but double the reps so you press 25 kg for 20 reps in 5 sets but you only have 10 minutes to complete those sets.

It challenges your muscles in a different way in which they are used to training and give you a growth spurt in a body part that was previously lagging.

Its not for newbies but folks who have been training a while-i fckn luv it!

Hoping to get back into the gym tomorrow. Still a long way from 100%, but need to get back to try to feel human again. 9 days off with flu. Daren't weigh myself but feel seriously deflated physically. Going to do the first session at 50% weight and see how I feel.

Hoping to get back into the gym tomorrow. Still a long way from 100%, but need to get back to try to feel human again. 9 days off with flu. Daren't weigh myself but feel seriously deflated physically. Going to do the first session at 50% weight and see how I feel.
I have had same thing mate feel like a deflated balloon it's shit am just getting my full appetite back

Not good at all.

It's a chicken and the egg situation I think. I have no appetite because I've barely moved for a week, so I've no energy. I'll only get an appetite if I go to the gym, but that requires energy which I won't have until I build an appetite by going to the gym O.o

I'm doing 1.5-2 hours each day 5 or 6 times a week.Into my 2nd year of training.Starting to get Really strong.Had an intense back day today.Love handles almost gone and Lats are thickening up! Love the Gym....I pay £25 per month.It's less than 10 minutes from home and the staff have become like a family to me.

• Like 1