Warning signs

David Humphries

Keep on seeing this interesting situation, as I drive past quite often.

Twin stemmed Cedar, reduced at some point, but with wide heavy laterals no longer supported by failed cable bracing & Phaeolus schweinitzii more than likely creating brown rot in one of the trunks.

I know the property has taken consultancy (appologies if you feel I'm treading on your shoes)

Just very supprised this time bomb (imo) is still standing unattended.

DSC02627.jpg.72047d8a37af4fef61084e15d1c2cf88.jpg

DSC02624.jpg.a889dd3969423ff09404cd916d8cb08b.jpg

DSC02625.jpg.df5fff60107987e85d11750ccbec47c8.jpg

DSC02615.jpg.5a23f1e264a98f7967c678594ffd5796.jpg

DSC03071.JPG.433c2e8128b2d2117bca5cd4d4a51e52.JPG

Plenty of targets, maybe they don't have the budget to deal with the trees?

Nice area of North West London.

Budget shouldn't really come into it here.

Someone is dragging their heels.

Maybe having a tree geek pointing a camera at it, might alert them to look a little more closely and see what even from a lay perspective, is a hazard.

Be interesting to watch the time line on this.

Edited by Monkey-D

The trouble is large land owners with lots of trees will only put x amount of money in the tree budget. If you have a good year and say spend a third next year you have a bad year and spend all your budget and need some more, can i have the money i did not spend last year NO it does not work like that:cursing:

It amazes me that people will ignore recomendations.. I looked at a tree in the grounds of a hotel. They had had a report from a very well known arb saying that as long as the cavity with the bees nest at 6m is not extensive then it's acceptable, if the cavity is over 50% then it should be felled.. I got the job to probe the bees nest found the cavity to be VERY extensive and recomended felling. The estate owners decide not to fell..?

On the other side of the coin i remember the story about a very old sycamore the owners were told to fell it as it was a hazard. They decided not to and a few months later a gale wind blew and down came trees all around the sycamore which was untouched the hollow tube theory comes to mind here:001_smile: