needd help from any mechanically minded members

flatyre

My Citroen relay has trouble starting, couple of squirts of easy start and it's fine, but even when its warm it still won't start without the easy start. Just had the heater plugs checked and everything seems ok. Could it be a fuel pump problem? Runs fine once started which is why I don't know.

8 minutes ago, flatyre said:

My Citroen relay has trouble starting, couple of squirts of easy start and it's fine, but even when its warm it still won't start without the easy start. Just had the heater plugs checked and everything seems ok. Could it be a fuel pump problem? Runs fine once started which is why I don't know.

We have 3 renault traffic service vans with a range of mileage from 280,000 , 160,000 & 80,000 2 of the 3 & 1 we have sold now have had the same problem as yours & we found our fault to be the enjectors losing system pressure, once the pressure drops the enjector wont work to allow the engine to start, you need special tools to get the enjector out, the 1st repair the got it out & replaced using standard tools & the 2nd one was not so easy the head had to come off & the enjector had to be machined out because it was stuck in the head & the 3rd time we had to use a special enjector puller . we have been fitting exchange enjectors from our local motor factors.

Hope this reply helps you & good luck.

Bad injector it is! My relay was the same year as yours, don't know what engine you have mine was the 2.8 hdi the injectors arnt programmed so just fit and go, get re conned ones for about 100 quid

Whoops too late but glad you got it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk