An interesting scenario...

kevinjohnsonmbe

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Making waves Gary, or having a reasonable expectation that those in authority should be expected to be sufficiently knowledgable, professional and diligent to exercise said authority appropriately?

And, unfortunately, some people just go work work on a Monday morning thinking about going home on a Friday night! Sorry Kevin, I know exactly where you're coming from but now, personally, take a more pragmatic approach or view that stops me getting stressed. 

I can go out tomorrow and visit half a dozen sites and find faults, from the original arb survey that wasn't fit for purpose, tree work specs that are ambiguous, planning cock-ups that lead to unintentional tree loss, inadequate protective fencing etc etc etc. (sorry, not tomorrow I've seen all that today!) But tomorrow will be the same. 

It's never-ending, so to keep my own sanity I just choose my battles a bit more carefully nowadays:001_rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

And, unfortunately, some people just go work work on a Monday morning thinking about going home on a Friday night! Sorry Kevin, I know exactly where you're coming from but now, personally, take a more pragmatic approach or view that stops me getting stressed. 

I can go out tomorrow and visit half a dozen sites and find faults, from the original arb survey that wasn't fit for purpose, tree work specs that are ambiguous, planning cock-ups that lead to unintentional tree loss, inadequate protective fencing etc etc etc. (sorry, not tomorrow I've seen all that today!) But tomorrow will be the same. 

It's never-ending, so to keep my own sanity I just choose my battles a bit more carefully nowadays:001_rolleyes:

You're spot on Gary!

for this one, it has no impact / stress directly for me. Just a mild frustration that "local" governance seems irrelevant and regional governance seems incapable / unwilling. 

The most frustrating  part has been the attempts, by those that should know better, and are paid / empowered to do so, to attempt to flannel & waffle their way to the course of least resistance - either with the knowledge that they aren't fulfilling their civic and professional duty with diligence, or that there is a deficiency of appropriate knowledge. 

Im a reasonable guy (no, honest, I am!) if someone had said, "not sure, leave it with me" I'd have been like, "yeah, no worries dude!'  

25 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You're spot on Gary!

for this one, it has no impact / stress directly for me. Just a mild frustration that "local" governance seems irrelevant and regional governance seems incapable / unwilling. 

The most frustrating  part has been the attempts, by those that should know better, and are paid / empowered to do so, to attempt to flannel & waffle their way to the course of least resistance - either with the knowledge that they aren't fulfilling their civic and professional duty with diligence, or that there is a deficiency of appropriate knowledge. 

Im a reasonable guy (no, honest, I am!) if someone had said, "not sure, leave it with me" I'd have been like, "yeah, no worries dude!'  

Ain't it different when you see it from the inside?

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Ain't it different when you see it from the inside?

There's SO much (some outrageously funny, some head-bangingly frustrating, some heart-stoppingly dull, some adrenalin pumping - let's take it outside angry, some are you 'king kidding me incredible) to tell you about!  And that's after 2 meetings!!!  :thumbup:   

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

There's SO much (some outrageously funny, some head-bangingly frustrating, some heart-stoppingly dull, some adrenalin pumping - let's take it outside angry, some are you 'king kidding me incredible) to tell you about!  And that's after 2 meetings!!!  :thumbup:   

I'll give you a call in the week, we can chew the fat over it, read as: I'll sit here giggling whilst you vent your spleen.xD

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/08/2017 at 21:28, Khriss said:

Its the bit ' statutory duty ' I like .( means shit hitting fan is court appearance ) ...;) an those trees aint small neither ! K

You know the trees Khriss? 

Its been a but bit quiet on this thread since I've been away and haven't really followed it up. Been a few emails but it hasn't got any better. Back on it tomorrow and will update!

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 23:05, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You know the trees Khriss? 

Its been a but bit quiet on this thread since I've been away and haven't really followed it up. Been a few emails but it hasn't got any better. Back on it tomorrow and will update!

Am tempted to give them a visit now Kev, got a couple of LA,s here who have had a couple of shocks over 'statutory obligations' ( one landowner now looking at 10 k, over neglected lombardy's ;) k

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

Am tempted to give them a visit now Kev, got a couple of LA,s here who have had a couple of shocks over 'statutory obligations' ( one landowner now looking at 10 k, over neglected lombardy's ;) k

Where are you based Khriss?  Would be great to get a second opinion!  I'm following up on the massively lame LA response to this whole scenario today.  The email traffic thus far has revealed either (a) a woeful lack of appreciation of what certainly seems pretty straight forward central guidance to me (I don't think the planning team have engaged with the forestry team yet otherwise they (probably) wouldn't be making what appear to be such rash statements, or (b) they are aware of having dropped the ball at the validation stage of the application but are not willing to acknowledge it and think lame, inaccurate statements might make it all just go away...