ocean polyester

steve_o treerat

Months? ...

And no i haven't tried ap but would like to.

Yeah Marc, seriously months. If you pm me your address I can send you some to try if you want? You can repay me with pics of the work you do. just keep posting them :thumbup:

or if you get any in the future, return a bit or get me a beer if we ever meet at a show. :thumbup1:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive tried OP a few times and i just cant seem to get it to work rite for me!! I tend to use bee line or samson bailout. There not bad but glaze quite quickly. Id love to try some AP!! ive only heard good reviews about,does anyone know why its not available over here yet?

Ive tried OP a few times and i just cant seem to get it to work rite for me!! I tend to use bee line or samson bailout. There not bad but glaze quite quickly. Id love to try some AP!! ive only heard good reviews about,does anyone know why its not available over here yet?

not CE marked basically

so even if you get some i would be wary of giving to employees :blushing:

p.s i like mine

Rub it in why dont u!!:001_tongue:

Is there any signs of it getting a CE mark?

last i heard was for some reason it would not get one

though we hear all sorts of things

just wait and see

if you want i could send you a picture so you dont feel too left out

:biggrin:

heat resistant/technical friction cords will always burn your ropes faster especially if used with a friction saver but will need replacing less frequently. i like the o.p. 10ml and climb on blaze/velocity 11ml most of the time. just need to think about this if you have a tendency for 'hot dogging' [rapelling] the line at high speed. descending slowly can take alot of will-power but'll save you some whip in the long run. still love o.p. despite the cordage its cost me over the years!

I believe the CE rating is getting organised. I think it was to do with the core material not being polyester- ocean Polyester was called Ocean Dyneema in an earlier age when it was used for Americas Cup racing boats, the core was changed (and the name) and it became what it is today. Im pretty sure this correct and is what will happen with the AP to get it CE certified

I use OP 8mm for a distel on my side strop. It works fine and has lasted me months and is still going strong. Originally I had it tied as a VT but I retied it with the same piece of cord and was amazed to find next to no wear on the contact side. Think perhaps I might change it(for more OP) some time soon though.