Ifor trailer check

Aaron king

I believe Ifor's have been registered on the TER register for quite a few years now, however if I remember rightly they charge you to check if it's stolen.

Alternatively phone Ifor and they keep their own register of stolen trailers.

That looks about right? Is the serial no not cut out with a torch on the drawbar just in front of the plate? What year is it? The wheels if original are all year stamped. Ask to see the sellers receipt! New trailers always come with a small handbook with the care and maintenance details and the chassis/ serial no details. Always go to the sellers property or business premises, however crooks have been known to borrow a location!:001_huh:(no deals in pub/ supermarket/ motorway service carparks!) And as someone as said ring IW themselves however not all trailer owners are registered with them so some stolen ones aren't recorded with them. If you feel something isn't right walkaway:thumbdown:

That is not a original serial plate

On reflection I now think your correct:confused1: Have had a look at the plates on my two IW trailers and all the no blocks are perfectly inline. The star is one stamp, not a double x as in your image! As I said earlier a no is also burnt out before galvanising in one of the draw bar sections just in front of the riveted on plate. All these no's are copied onto the trailer 'logbook'/paperwork. Walk away and find one with everything correct, check it with IW. I'd rather pay a bit extra for the correct details.

Worth checking with Ifor. I had inadvertently bought a stolen ifor via ebay a few years ago via ebay. I checked out the owner best I could and spoke to the guy he bought it off. The trailer had been stolen from a dealer in Wales 14 years before! It had been through 6 owners since then according to the police. Second hand, cheap trailers are always going to be a bit risky from this perspective in.my opinion.

Edited by richy_B