Bee rescue

Wolfie

Tackling a large, awkward Willow take down this week which had a long establish hive of Carpenter bees within a big limb overhanging an outbuilding.

Problems: bees, restricted access into the garden, heavy limb over the outbuilding, bees, no site close enough to position a crane, neighbours bungalow only 2 metres away and bees.8f920fb9955f0e9623d9a9a9cc3776dc.jpg

Step 1 - re-pollard the Willow tree.

Step 2 - bring in a 17m self drive cherrypicker (after finding one that can fit through the archway into the garden) to section dismantle the awkward limb back to the nest.

Step 3 - seal the bees within the nest.

Step 4 - using rigging, lower the section of limb containing the bees onto a trolley to be re homed elsewhere.

Step 5 - fell the remainder of the tree, cut up and extract.

Step 6 - grind down the stump.

See more picture on my facebbok page.

Conclusion: no damage, live bees, happy bee keepers, happy clients - Tidy.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Hi David,

Can't say for certain as the bee man, Peter, was a friend of a friend of the client but I have a feeling that they were staying in the log closer to ground level in the Waterbeach area North of Cambridge, which is about 10 mile from the tree.

I'll happily pm you his number if you want to chat with him about it. He likes talking about bees and seems very knowledgable.

regret taking the job?

It was a balls ache and I wasn't looking forward to the job but thankfully I've priced it right and it's a greatly satisfying getting this job done and saving the bees.

According to one of Peter's colleagues, black bees are quite precious, something about tree hives lasting a lot longer and therefore their genes are purer ???

It was a balls ache and I wasn't looking forward to the job but thankfully I've priced it right and it's a greatly satisfying getting this job done and saving the bees.

According to one of Peter's colleagues, black bees are quite precious, something about tree hives lasting a lot longer and therefore their genes are purer ???

Good on you! Well executed!