simonm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Burst grease pipe

2. Faulty bearing as far as we could tell

3. Grease pipe again.

4. Flywheel axle loose on bearing causing vibration.

5. Needs new flywheel and bearing as a result.

Ty

Stuart, is your nickname Lucky? A burst grease pipe isn't found because people cannot 'feel' properly and the reason why this was deleted on the Mark 2. But for it to happen twice shows that the maintenance regime needs reconsidering.

A faulty bearing is so rare, I would think that poor practice in fitting and maintenance regime is the culprit.

Shaft loose on a bearing is something I've seen before and should have been identified during fitting and is linked to the previous failures which were due, ultimately, to improper maintanence regime.

GreenMech has been known to bend over backwards to help people but they must help us too!

I'll hold my hands up to when we first had the machine to not examining enough the area hidden behind the swing out tanks that fills with chip debris through which the grease pipes run.

I could tell from the colour of the grease who was greasing when the pipe burst as it had just gone in for it's 150hour service (little point in arguing with a French dealer)

300 hours and the dealer changed the bearing which lasted around 150hours.

Too much grease this time?

We changed this with G.M phone support cheers lads.

The next bearing at around 750hours due to a split hose.

The zip ties came loose and the hose rubbed on the fan.

No grease to be seen as the fan whipped it all away.

It was a very subtle split.

By now the axle is not enjoying the efforts to extract the bearings and getting scored.

This last fault was spotted by the Mr Turner of G.M France during a visit, he gave us fair warning that the next bearing would not last .

25 hours later there is a tell tale vibration on tick over so at 997hours it is time for a flywheel exchange and bearing.

My faults are a tendance to over grease and a mistrust of dealers.

Ty

Interesting point here. I have always said 2/3 pumps on a standard gun every week if used regularly, with high temperature grease. Our bearing supplier recommended that we go to one pump every 40 hours of use! Stay with the amount/frequency recommended in the manual. But do use high temp grease!

Interesting point here. I have always said 2/3 pumps on a standard gun every week if used regularly, with high temperature grease. Our bearing supplier recommended that we go to one pump every 40 hours of use! Stay with the amount/frequency recommended in the manual. But do use high temp grease!

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1039 using Arbtalk mobile app