Replacement track machine for TR6

simonm

The problem is that you can shove so much brash in its what causes the stress control to kick in. Rather than putting one branch in at a time a whole armful will feed, which is why people that are used to timberwolfs and the like think they feel slow on the infeed.

The proof is of course how quickly does it fill your tipper body.

I think that with the reduced amount of snedding and the crushing power of the infeed they are faster is almost every situation. But they are also big, ugly and heavy. saying that I have yet to find somewhere mine won't track to.

I get what your saying here, however if you have 3 guys feeding a machine you need to wait for the brash of the last guys branches to pull through so that you can get yours into the rollers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what your saying here, however if you have 3 guys feeding a machine you need to wait for the brash of the last guys branches to pull through so that you can get yours into the rollers.

Yes but each guy can put more brash in, and it will pull it through more realiably and spend less time in the workshop.

I have worked with slow and fast chippers, sometimes slow consistent reliable feeding is faster in the bigger picture.

Never used a 75xp though, so I maybe wrong.

Don't get me wrong I currently have a pto TP160, FORST TR6, FORST ST8, BANDIT 250 PTO, TP200 PTO and a heizohack 8-400. The heizohack has the slowest rollers by far but it's by far the most productive machine. This is because it is fed by a crane though and can therefore take huge lumps, hand feeding it the bandit 250 would be faster. There comes a point where the amount you can carry becomes the limiting factor. I think for most urban tree work much of the material being chipped will be of a fairly small diameter and will have already been cut into a sensible size on order to be dragged out of the garden. For me the 8" size machines are the ideal for this kind of work. And the forst is a nice compact machine with really good pulling and crushing power.

For the OP. Take everything you hear about machines on the internet with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, that is a situation I never find myself in. But of course everyone runs differently.

I have never used the 8inch forst, would be interested to see whether the bandit or the forst fills my trailer faster. From the videos, I doubt there would be much in it. The 75 may crush more forks, but have a slightly slower infeed.

Also, a road tow 75 is to much of an in between machine. For a road tow may as well have the 90 or bigger. 75 is to heavy for 750kg limit and if going bigger, you may as well go a lot bigger.

Yes but each guy can put more brash in, and it will pull it through more realiably and spend less time in the workshop.

I have worked with slow and fast chippers, sometimes slow consistent reliable feeding is faster in the bigger picture.

Never used a 75xp though, so I maybe wrong.

Forgot to say there is a tracked 90 floating about that just came in under 3500kg on a dedicated trailer and would be a fair tool. Maybe Dean could make you another one.

Thing is for most uk tree surgeons weight is an issue because they run 3.5 ton trucks, many of these have a gross train of around 5 ton. Since virtually every 3.5 tonner is running over weight adding weight to the chipper as well only makes it worse. The new cabstars can tow 3.5 but most are lower. This is why we've just bought a mog. If i had a 7.5 tonner I'd tow a bandit 90.