Replacement track machine for TR6

simonm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find all Bandit feed speeds are slower compared with other manufacturers, we have the largest feed apertures in the industry & you cannot feed at these faster speeds when your taking in that much material. We asked Bandit about increasing the motor speed but that was met with an abrupt no. I've always said if it was easy to put in these large letterbox openings everybody would have done it years ago.

In fairness to Redwood there customer service is the best I have ever had from pretty much any one! I called my "local" gm dealer last week about a demo of there 200 only to be told "no we don't have one of them" so much for being a dealer!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Was actually working at the nursing home but yea though it was you, only day I got out on site that week so was a fluke.

I had a 75xp on demo before I got an St6, ki wasn't over thrilled don't get me wrong you WON'T have any build issues but they are slow on the in feed, I then got an st8, hell of an 8" machine but there is proving to be build issues not taken with the tw 280 so far, the gm will be good but I'm just thinking of going bigger with a bandit .

A reliable machine is half the battle, I agree with having a bigger machine, some of the stuff we have done in the last few weeks would of being much easier with a bigger infeed. Is the 280 equivalent to the old 190?

You will find all Bandit feed speeds are slower compared with other manufacturers, we have the largest feed apertures in the industry & you cannot feed at these faster speeds when your taking in that much material. We asked Bandit about increasing the motor speed but that was met with an abrupt no. I've always said if it was easy to put in these large letterbox openings everybody would have done it years ago.

Would adjustable roller speed not be better? speed it up for brash and down for timber.

A reliable machine is half the battle, I agree with having a bigger machine, some of the stuff we have done in the last few weeks would of being much easier with a bigger infeed. Is the 280 equivalent to the old 190?

I have loved having a bigger machine the last 2 yrs life is just so much easier thar why I'm contenplating going bigger still, we have the 8 " tracked jenny and the little gm arborist for run of the mill domestic jobs. The 280 is the 190 replacement some great features but by hell it spits some big bits out the back.

Edited by Ian C

In your finest pitch why choose a bandit over the rest? I hear they are good machines but why?

I have loved having a bigger machine the last 2 yrs life is just so much easier thar why I'm contenplating going bigger still, we gave the 8 " tracked jenny and the little gm arborist fir run of the mill domestic jobs. The 280 is the 190 replacement some great features but by he'll it spits some big bits out the back.

That is another reason why I am concerned about a bigger chipper as we still do loads of small domestic stuff, its a bit overkill. Cant really afford have surplus machines.

That is another reason why I am concerned about a bigger chipper as we still do loads of small domestic stuff, its a bit overkill. Cant really afford have surplus machines.

We run 2 teams most of the week now so the big stuff goes on the bigger jobs the little gm on conny hedges etc etc.