Husky 576 xp Autotune project saw

Bustergasket

IMG_1538.jpg.65543e361109050edadccb4eef46b60e.jpgI have today purchased a 576 xp have not seen it in the flesh so always exciting to see what turns up, it was not much, it looks like it's an autotune as it has no mixture screw holes on the starter side, i don't now much about them, iam thinking if it runs ok to get my local dealer to plug it up and see how many hours it's done etc etc, question is how many hours do you think they should be good for ? if it's a rebuild job and looks like it's got the bones of a decent saw then it maybe worth rebuilding does anyone know of anyone who would fiche it? iam sure it will need a good going over 🙈 Edited by Bustergasket

Unfortunatly this is gen one auto tune so cannot be plugged in to find information, things to watch are main bearing drive side, with the drum removed grab the crank and check for any movement up and down.

Thanks for that, it looks a bit rough but i think it will clean up ok, do these have the nylon bearing cage on the mains ? i have heard they are a pretty decent saw once sorted, is the gen 1 a bad thing ? cheers

you also have the option of fitting a non autotune carb if wanted.

yes they are nylon caged

gen 1 is no bad thing its a simple and reliable hence why its still fitted with gen 1 now.

cheers for that, i like the thinking, it will not see huge amounts of use but iam looking forward to striping it down and sorting it out

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I really like that thought, i just don't know how knackered it's going to be, buying a saw like that from a pawn shop makes me cringe, i mean look at the state of it, still you could be right if it runs up ok then i will run it a while and see is there anything else to look out for

I really like that thought, i just don't know how knackered it's going to be, buying a saw like that from a pawn shop makes me cringe, i mean look at the state of it, still you could be right if it runs up ok then i will run it a while and see is there anything else to look out for

Compare that to my 560 that saw is positively gleaming, mine is all covered in sap and resin to a good thickness,