Bar oils too thick

AllyH

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rape seed doesn't have any tac to it. Chain oil is 100% loss anyway tho. If you were thinking of using old engine oil I'd go for rape seed over that any day. Its good work practice to use it by water courses anyway, the funds are not nasty and is not viscous in cold weather. I found it did leak a little through gasket if constantly used and there was residue from it. But a favorite for a very cheap oil , user health and ecology.

Sent from my FP1U using Arbtalk mobile app

A bit off subject but as we are on different oils, I've got 3Ĺ of used gearbox oil, seems a waste not to use it for something. ... anyone any experience? It's pretty viscous but probably in between regular chain and engine oil, approx SAE 90. No idea if it has any anti fling properties. Probably not good for the environment.

Thanks,

bmp01

A bit off subject but as we are on different oils, I've got 3Ĺ of used gearbox oil, seems a waste not to use it for something. ... anyone any experience? It's pretty viscous but probably in between regular chain and engine oil, approx SAE 90. No idea if it has any anti fling properties. Probably not good for the environment.

Thanks,

bmp01

The only things used oil is good for is recycling and getting some heat in to the bonfire, I've seen what happens when someone wrecked a saw by using waste unfiltered engine oil. I'd never use filtered waste oil either there are too many ultra fine particuls in it to clog a saw and it's just a waste of time and absolutely stinks and the customer won't like it on there propertie.

I'd rather just pay the ten euros for a can of oil and get the job done