will amateurs accidents reflect on our insurance

Stephen Blair

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i worked as a chef for years , and i can tell you right now that getting your food hygene cert is as bout as difficult as picking your nose ! so as with everything after you have it you dont neccesarilry follow it . people will still reach that little bit further with a chainsaw and accidents will still continue to happen regardless , because thats just life !

i worked as a chef for years , and i can tell you right now that getting your food hygene cert is as bout as difficult as picking your nose ! so as with everything after you have it you dont neccesarilry follow it . people will still reach that little bit further with a chainsaw and accidents will still continue to happen regardless , because thats just life !

I know its not hard, mine was as i have a diploma in food hygiene, nothing will stop accidents, thats human nature, but a little training helps. The amount of gardeners/Landscapers who i see digging and hacking with chainsaws makes me laff, Not there fault, they dont know any better.

Accidents/incidents with chainsaws will always happen, training helps to reduce them, but will never totally eradicate them. Casual users can go to any diy store and buy a saw without any tickets, after all there is no law that says they need one (ticket). Back to the point in question, if a casual user suffers a chainsaw related injury, goes to hospital for treatment however minor, the injury is recorded as chainsaw related, and when the H&S bods are compiling their stats these are pulled from records such as hospitals, regardless of whether amateur or pro. So this will have a knock-on effect on insurance, as insurance is based on risk, and records show that the element of risk is higher due to recorded incidents.

They're CS101 is a variation on ours, it involves cross cutting black pud. Oh and Fred Dibnah was a girl before the op.

The pud HAS to be cut right i'll have you know "Mr Stockbridge" not like you sloppy southerners, we cut with presision.

OH and how dare you insult his greatness? Thats turned me agains you lot for life now, let the civil war begin! If i ever come to kent im gonna Sh1t in the footwell of that banger of yours!!!!!:lol:

I know its not hard, mine was as i have a diploma in food hygiene, nothing will stop accidents, thats human nature, but a little training helps. The amount of gardeners/Landscapers who i see digging and hacking with chainsaws makes me laff, Not there fault, they dont know any better.

yeh absolutly i agree , my freinds been a landscaper for a number of years an does small trees within his capabilities, but this week hes asked to borrow a saw to fell a poplar , ! it did make me a bit angry as ive spent thousands on training, equipment etc and then he gets jobs felling trees ? no qulifaications no insurance for that , it really is annoying that peolple think they can just cut it down just like that , needless to say im not lending my saw and im now doing it for him !